Good news and bad news

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Neuticle
Copepod

Good news and bad news

Post by Neuticle »

I found Nassarius Vibex on Sand Island for the first time this year, bad news, they don't seem to be acclimating well. Must be too cold, or too...?

As soon as I started the drip they locked up in their shells. We'll see tomorrow if these make it.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: Good news and bad news

Post by Amphiprion »

Wow, that's hard to say. If you get some that do make it after a couple of weeks, I would like to see if I can pick some up from you. Let me know how much you'd want, etc., if you are planning on selling some.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

I still have some in my tank from last year, collected at the same spot. Just a weird time of year I guess.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Neuticle wrote:I still have some in my tank from last year, collected at the same spot. Just a weird time of year I guess.

do you mind sharing your collecting spot?
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

Not at all, for Narrarius, there are two small ponds on sand island right now. The second one, the bigger of the two, has snails on the north east corner. They can be tough to spot since they are burrowing snails, not everyone can see them.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

just take some brine shrimp or flake food with and they should pop right out of the sand :D
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

That may work, but they aren't social animals, so bring a lot of food because you'll only find a couple every few square meters of sand.