Does anyone need fans.

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Does anyone need fans.

Post by snoopdog »

For those interested I can provide fans from 1/2 an inch to 5 inches. Since I work on computers I have more of these than I know what to do with. Different speeds and sizes and shapes. Only on kicker to it, they are all going to be 12 volt fans. This does not propose a problem for some, you can use a 12 volt adapter with them if you have one. When I first got my 75 gallon aquarium I had four 4 inch fans across the back with one 12 volt adapter running the whole show, worked like a champ. Just though I would throw that out there if anyone needs some.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I might need one. I have a 4 inch radio shack fan in action right now and tried to put some computer fans that i had on but they were too loud. I need something quiet and surprisingly the radio shack fan is quiet. I could possibly use something in the 3 inch range that runs quiet.

Drew
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I will start collecting some and take pictures with them under some rulers so you can see the size.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

um...i need some but what prices you asking?
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

I'm going to need a 2" fan (3" max but rather the smaller) since the hoods only 3 1/2" tall. I'm customing up my 7 gallon hood to slap in another 13 watts :D ,and better safe than sorry.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I've got extras of the small/cpu fans if snoop doesn't, that you can have.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Totally free, just let me know what size you need. I can get from around 3/4 an inch to 92mm with is about 5inch. Just remember they are 12 volt.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i serioulsly need like 4 of em if thats ok?...my tank is heating up pretty badly...bring em to the next meeting and i'll swap ya for the lamp clips to...
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Dont need the fan clips anymore but I will bring ya the fans, what size ?
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
J Crew
Amoeba

Post by J Crew »

hey snoopdog, if you have anymore fans in the 4" range let me know. i currently have two 4" radioshack fans (12volt), and man are they super loud! i'm looking for something that will push alot of air but is still pretty quite. just let me know, thanks :)
55 gallon reef:
10 gallon refugium, 85lbs LR, 75lbs aragonite sand: 3" DSB, cpr bakpak II w/ maxijet1200 upgrade, 2x175 10k MH and 2x110 vho, closed loop system w/ mag12 pump with two 1/2" sea swirls
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah man, I can provide.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.