Recordia question

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

strout
Copepod

Recordia question

Post by strout »

I was in looking in the LARC and a vendor was saying that he was getting a large Recordia order in this week. I told him that I would be interested in getting a few from him, I am looking to add about 7 to ten more to our tank. He Pmed me back yesterday saying that the order was in and that he could send me some if I wanted. The lower end price ones are $20, the better ones are $75 per polyp. I am going to order from another vendor, I guess, my question: has anyone ever seen a recordia that sells for $75. Since this is my new favorite coral 8) I have been on line looking at alot of vendors and never have I ever run across a $75 polpy recordia.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Recordia question

Post by Fishfood »

Ricordea Yuma's can go for that high. They typically are the hot pink or red ones. You won't find any ricordea florida that run that much, or at least I haven't seen any. You can find all those normal colors for $10-15 or less.

I have two yuma in my tank. One was a pink one that I got for $30 at the time. It lost its color rather quickly and is floating around my tank somewhere. I also got a nice green/orange/blue yuma that I got from progressive for maybe $15.

Here is a hot pink one that is listed for way too much money.

http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productD ... 1528&did=3

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod ... =560506876
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Recordia question

Post by Fishfood »

Not that I think of it Progressive has a few or had a few yuma rocks in for a while. They were basically purple/blue. I'm not sure of what they were asking but they looked nice. Now some of the polyps didn't look good. It seems that they want to sell the florida ricordea polyps for a little more than the yumas but I like the yumas more. I don't see the florida ricordea available too often in either progressive or B&B but a lot of vendors shipping out of florida carry them.