April meeting

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

April meeting

Post by reeferpuffer »

hey guys, the april meeting is gettn close, i cant wait to see everyone again...i look forward to talkn and seeing everyone again.. also, are we gonna get a map or driving directions or address so we can get prep'd for it?...also, scott...do you want me to bring you that hammer frag this meeting? i can bag him up good enough for about 24 hrs in the bag, so you dont have to be in a rush to get him into the tank... and....josh, you want me to bring that toadstool also? if so, bring a frag of the kenya tree...we'll swap there..kevin,...dont think i forgot about your clips...therye comming also...and...scott/josh,..im gonna bring a bucket of the sand...you 2 guys can split it up there..someone may need to bring another bucket...you 2 can figure out who wants to keep the bucket its in...if i dont show up with the sand, dont be mad at me, i had to trasfer all my corals to the tank again cause i bought tons of LR and added it to the 110..it was already cycled, so hopefully it wont take long to complete....
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

(edit)....scott, im not gonna bring the hammer to the meeting..im prolly gonna be in the area in the next few days, so i can bring him then...be alot easier...i'll call you when its time..
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Mike, yeah, just bring me a toadstool and bring the sand; the meeting is actually at my house, so that makes things easy :) I'll have some mounted redsea Xenia to give away possibly.

My address: 8409 Jeptha Court, Mobile AL 36695

My phone: 251-533-9265

Directions from interstate:
  • Head to exit 13, on I-10. This is the theodore/dawes Rd. exit. Head North. You should pass by the dog track on your right just after you pass the convenience stores.
  • Stay on theodore/dawes road, it'll turn into Schillinger road. You'll travel about ten miles from the exit, and you'll reach the intersection of Cottage Hill and Schillinger. If you get onto the 4 lane portion of Schillinger, you've gone too far.
  • Turn left onto Cottage Hill.
  • Take your first right onto Leroy Stevens (at the Shell Station).
  • Take a left into Carrington Place.
  • Take a right onto O'rourke Road.
  • Take a right onto East Clarke Road.
  • Take a right into Jeptha Court.
  • I'm the third house on the right; can't miss a lime green Dodge Neon in the driveway.
My driveway will be pretty full, so just park along the street; we're on very good terms with all our neighbors, so parking along the street won't be a problem.

Look forward to seeing everyone there!
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Josh, what do you need everyone to bring to the meeting? List it here and I will send out an e-mail so that those that do not use the forum can get the info. Along with what time and any more important facts that might be usful.

Mike, just give me a call and can let me know about when you will be in the area and you can go "shopping" in my tank for a trade. I am pretty much free any evening and most weekends.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

For shame those that dont use the forum, tisk tisk.

/slaps hands
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Thats what I say! Shameful &^@%)@'s. All hail the forum.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I dont understand it really, but whatever. I am not going to put much more time into it till people actually start using it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Meeting

Post by Melissakins »

When are we meeting? Same time as the last meeting? 6:30ish?

I didn't see anything about what to bring, we could do like last time and bring a veggie tray....?
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I would think around 7pm and just bring what you can. I am going to make it a point to bring plates, cups and snacks every meeting. We usually end up with plenty of food every time.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I am just waiting to hear from Josh to send out the e-mail. He has been busy building a hood for his tank to house his new lights.

Scott
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Hey...I have a special request....I want a sandwich size baggie of live sand from all of you guys!

Thanks,

Elizabeth :D
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

What you want a part of all of us ?
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I guess I'm the dense one.. but what date is the meeting?
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

im bringing a full instant ocean bucket of live sand for josh and scott, im pretty sure you can nab some also
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

I'm planning on bringing a "sickly" blastomussa (15+/- heads or so). It's just not doing well in my tank. The polyps open, just not fully. Weird, the small frag is doing fine and growing...strange.

And also some orange/white zoos on a small piece of LR. After multiple rearrangings, I just can't find a place where they look right. Maybe some of you with tanks larger than mine can find a nook for them.

I'm thinking the hardest part of a nano tank is finding spots for all the coral. I went over to Aqua Works last week and they split a candy cane for me just becase I had no room for the large piece they had. I felt like a schmuk, but he offered. And $12 for 5 heads ain't bad in my book. Ended up shelling out $40 on 6 new color morphs of zoos too. Ahhh...7 gallons, so many possibilites, so little water.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"