haHA! Pygmy angel combination

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

ShagMan
Goby

haHA! Pygmy angel combination

Post by ShagMan »

OK, it's been a week, so I feel like I can post about this, and not have a dead angelfish in the morning.

I managed to mix 'n' match two pygmy angels! In a 100G tank, with about 100lbs of LR (LOTS of hiding spots, due to PVC rack), I was able to house a coral beauty, and now, added a flame angel! The flame gets nipped at once in a while, but both are in good health, and neither one hides or anything. How cool is that!

Comments?

P.S. I know that Terry and Cliff saw me return a flame angel... the 1st one I got from B&B was stressed and didn't make through the night :( Luckily, I managed to get a full credit by mistake at B&B, so got another angel for almost free; The second time, I made sure he ate before I got him, and made sure he was fiesty.

P.P.S. I've heard that some angels can nip at corals... I've never seen this, I guess I'm just lucky? Any stories from you guys about past experience?

Woohoo!
-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Good luck. I have always like the Centropyges. I have heard of mixed results from them. Some will nip at corals some will not. I hope that you got a couple that do not. Your tank is large enough to house the two without much problem though.

Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

i have a friend who bought a bi-colr angel from B&B and they said it was reefsafe...ha!, it ate all his poylps!!! and was trying to get the polyps on his acro...needless to say, hes at my store now and trying to find him ahome..lol
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

We had a bi-colored that B&B said was reef safe.... it made the trip right back to the store after we had to break the tank down to catch the little #@(*&#....
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????