Looking to trade a few things.

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Looking to trade a few things.

Post by Fishfood »

I'm looking for numerous types of snails and stuff for the sand bed along with zoo's and acros.

These are the cleaners i'm looking for:
Stomatella varia
strombus maculatus
and Nerite snails.

I have some Cerith reproducing in my tanks so would be willing to trade eventually. Just noticed my first babies this week so i want to make sure i have a good population going.

I currently have a green monti cap and a red monti cap for trade.

I am also able to frag my pink sinularia and hopefully some of my zoos soon. Scott gets my first round of zoos though. Every month i'm able to frag some green stars as well.

Drew
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

From reading on those varieties, they seem like a common hitchiker, I probably have a wide variety of snails as anyone else. I am sure I can locate some. Also have some kind of chitin this week. I will pull out the macro lenses and see what I can get shots of this weekend.
Scott
Goby

M. capricornis

Post by Scott »

Double post.
Last edited by Scott on Sat Feb 22, 2003 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott
Goby

M. capricornis

Post by Scott »

Hey Drew,
The trip to Coral Connection was postponed because our charter boat captain is a wus. It looks like it will be the Monday before Mardi Gras now. It is probably best though, I have been noticing some of the red bugs (that the 8 page post on RC is all about) on some of my acros. I want to try and get rid of them before I introduce any more SPS.

What does your green Cap look like? I have one that is an army green but have been looking for a brighter green frag. Is the red one really red? I might could trade a piece of this orange cap frag if you don't already have one (excuse the hair algea, it is still hanging on in a few places).

Scott
Attachments
orange Montipora Capricornis
orange Montipora Capricornis
m.cap.JPG (28.79 KiB) Viewed 4759 times
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

Red bugs? You mean like flatworms ? Can you post a link or picture ?
Scott
Goby

bugs

Post by Scott »

They have actually been identified as a species of copepod. They only infest some acros. They are about 1/2 the size of a period. The only way I can see them is to clean the glass and focus on the coral. You don't see them until they move then you start seeing more and more. There are probably 50 or more on one acro and a few on my green slimer. The only thing that seems to work is to get cyanobacteria and then dose Ultralife red slime remover. It kills bugs dead. Here is a link to Reef Central's thread: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... genumber=3

Scott
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

Do you think that the acro crabs eat these by nature ? I am curious if they do, I never had any luck with acro crabs though.
"Look at all the pretty colors !! Is all that stuff in there alive ??"
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

People have different opinions about the acro crabs. Some colonies that have them don't have the bugs, but others do. Some people wth clown gobies hve them eat the bugs, others won't. There appears to be no definite way to get did of them. Some dips work, but you have to use it at 4X strength and some of my acros are on large rocks.

Scott
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

Call me crazy but I almost would guarantee a Mandarin would fix the issue.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I want a mandarin anyways. I think my pod population would finally support one. They have not been proven to work though, others have tried it. If yoou ever have time to read the entire thread on RC you will see that there is a long list of things that have been tried.

Scott
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

Well in good old mother nature I am sure there is a known predator. A mandarin would be a good start though, if nothing else but to thin the population. Hey Scott arent you a car buff, click here if it does not take too long to download http://europa.lunarpages.com/~reefcr2/p ... 0190+.mpeg
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Car buff???? heh, you guys need to come over and look at the big brakes and the aluminum-rodded engine I'm installing into my race car :-D

-Josh Murrah
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

What is an aluminum rodded engine? I am not much of the rice burner type. I am putting an engine in my wifes 1991 Suburban. Nothing special, 350 c.i. bored .060 over and a 260 duration .454 lift cam. I have a roller engine that I am going to use in my next truck. I am going to build a 388 c.i. stroker monster (bored .060 over 400 crank). I hope with the Vortec heads I can get over 400 horsepower but I am not finished planning, I might be able to get more depending on the carburator setup and cam. I really am not that into cars, when you work on htem every day you get burned out. The only reason I am working on the Suburban is because I got it real cheap ($800 but it had been severly overheated), it is fuel injected and I want to get rid of at least one car note.

Scott
admin
Amoeba

Post by admin »

Here is my current POS setup until I get a Twin Turbo Supra.

ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Nice... 2nd gen non-turbo = same basic engine as a Neon :)

The green neon *was* my street ride, until I got convicted of street racing a year ago... right afterwards, I pulled it off the street, and gutted it out, it's being prepped for drag and autocross. Keeps me from doing stupid stuff *on* the street anymore.
-Josh Murrah