Need Frags!!!!!!!!!

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

dave3112
Amoeba

Need Frags!!!!!!!!!

Post by dave3112 »

I'm new to the P'cola area and would like to buy some frags for the right price. I found a few stores here so far I don't really like the setups. I have a 16 Gal Bowfront with ricordea, a hammer, a cabbage leather, some zoos ( brown,green, and orange) and othes assorted shrooms. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Oh yea I have plenty of light ( 96W PC).

Thanks,

Dave
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

What types of corals are you interested in first off. And, there's going to be a meeting at one of the board member's homes Saturday, you can find that info under MBRK Meetings and I'm sure Scott can provide you with the address/map. More often than not, people bring frags to trade, sell and give away. You should try to attend the meeting.

I've got some xenia....I have a nano tank too but I'm sure we could part with some nice mushrooms as well....

Depends on what you like...:) Also, which stores did you visit?

M
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

I like all types of coral. I am trying to add variety to my tank. My nano has only been up and running for 4 months now and with a move from Seattle to here it hasn't had much of a chance to really grow yet. Thank you fro the info on the meeting. I will deffinantly try to attend.

Thavks,

Dave
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

here is the tank now
Attachments
tank01.JPG
tank01.JPG (551.32 KiB) Viewed 4441 times
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Not that used to nano tanks but is that enough light for sps.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

I've got two pieces (tiny pieces) of SPS (pocillopora damicornis pink and green) and all I'm using is power compaqs and they stay all polyped out (is that a word?) all the time. Need to get my calcium in check to get them to grow, but where the pink piece of pocillopora was white at the tip, it's now pink and has polyps on it.

Most of what I have in my tank are softies, loads of ricordia, two types of Xenia, a piece of Frogspawn, mushrooms, macroalgae, and pink sinularia, oh and a frilly mushroom that's grown since I got it. But under the power compaqs, my stuff is doing well.

I also have a Yasha Hashe Goby and a Randall's Pistol Shrimp (I hardly ever see these guys cause they've entombed themselves under my live rock. I think since a nano is so small, that your light set up should be okay. :)
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

You need xenia
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Here's my tank...
Attachments
10 Gallon Nano
10 Gallon Nano
mel-tank.jpg (69.68 KiB) Viewed 4427 times

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Pretty tank...do you hear your shrimp much
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Hey Melissakins, what kind of anemone is that on the left mid-way up? A local catch? If so, is it a tri-color? Got a close-up?
Wind me up!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

What size Nano is the first one posted ? Eclipse 12 ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I think he said it was a 16 gallon bowfront.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

I do hear the shrimp on occasion. He's a juvenile, still pretty small. But every now and then, I'll hear a click click click!

The Anemone is a rock anemone, he's a couple different colors, I figured he'd lose his color after awhile, but he's still got his pretty colors. His mouth area is kinda tan, the tentacles are pale blue and then get darker. Local catch.

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

I can get a close-up, don't have one on hand that I know of, but yeah, I'll post one. :)

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
dave3112
Amoeba

Post by dave3112 »

Yea its a 16 gal bowfront. I'm trying to get a variety of coral in there right now it just made a long trip and it is finally getting settled.