Thanks to Scott

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

wtrhed
Copepod

Thanks to Scott

Post by wtrhed »

Just wanted to say thanks for all the frags!!! They all look super hot! Your the man bro. Give me a few months for my stuff to grow out and you can have whatever you want. Aquadesignz just posted a small fraf of the blue/red M. Danae I gave you, check out what they are selling for!!
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

No,no, no, YOUR the man. All those frags I got were wicked cool. I am going to get some new pics soon. Did that Echinophyllia make it ok? It was the biggest piece I could break off.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Yeah, it made it fine. How fast does it normally grow?? That is one of the coolest corals I have seen in awhile. After watching it for some time lastnite, I started researching them. I noticed how yours had just kinda melted over the rock and that the mouth was off centered alittle. I noticed that most people were mounting there frags to SMALL rocks(about the same size of the frag) and growing them on the sandbed. The ones that were grown like this looked AWESOME. They just kinda spread out in a circle, similar somewhat to an efflo/soli. Where did you get it from??? It will definatley be a showpiece one day. Thanks a TON!!
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Here is a good thread with some STUNNING pieces. Look on the forth page about midways down, the red and blue side by side. AWESOME!!!

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthrea ... genumber=1
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

That Mane3215 has all the high doolar pieces. He must be a lotto winner or something. I have watched that thread for a couple of months now, that is why I fragged the Echino. I want to get a few frags so I can trade for different colors. That is one super cool coral.

I got it from Ken Duenas. It doesn't grow slow but I wouldn't say it is a fast grower. Mine has doubled in size in 6 months but there was things that caused it to grow slower at times (Ivan, low calcium once, low alk once and stupid gobies trying to bury it in sand).
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I have to thank scott also. He got me back on my feet. Hopefully sometime I can get back into the high end corals and trade. I hope the rock works out and I want to see how that tort turns out in a year. I bet that will be a sweet piece.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I would have never been able to get a tort if it wasn't for Ivan. When I have some more stuff grow out we will have to meet up again Drew. Those Dr Mac pieces are cool. For a wild colony one of the frags grows pretty fast too.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Scott,

Yea that greek one does. None of those coral had the same color in your tank as in mine. The blue one was actually blue in my tank and the green was slightly brighter but nothing like the photo on Dr. Mac. Hopefully the tort does well for both of us and we can pass it on just in case we have another hurricane :shock: I'm going to be looking for a few more interesting acros but don't want to over do it since I don't have a reactor nor do i have the space for one at the moment. I do want to trade for that denea and the Echinophyllia to see how they look in my tank. You just need to stop by the next time you are in pensacola so you can see my bare bottom tank since you are thinking about going that route next time. Heck I'd even think about going in on a few crazy frags eventually if you find some that you like and that are reasonable. I can't be throwing around $100 for a coral. I'm just happy that I have stuff back in my tank and growing. What I got is a great start.

Drew
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Hey Eddie, does that monti with the green polyps looks like this:

(Man, you gotta get a camera so we can see all the stuff you have.)
Attachments
M. mollis.JPG
M. mollis.JPG (33.01 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Beautiful Scott!
-Josh Murrah
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Scott wrote:Hey Eddie, does that monti with the green polyps looks like this:

(Man, you gotta get a camera so we can see all the stuff you have.)
That's her. It just hasn't got all the purple yet. As you can tell from the polyps, it's a smoker. If you want to see what all I've got, then you need to make a trip over her and check it out!! Plan on it this weekend.Is everything else doing good??? All the stuff you gave me lloks great!! I am wathcing that Echino like a hawk, can't wait till she takes off.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Has it not opened yet??
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Yeah, it opened up then I saw that picture on Reef Central and thought that it looked like the same thing. I doubt that I can make it this weekend but next time I head your way expect a call from me.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Thats nice... I'll be needing a frag of that at some point. Just have to get something to trade for it.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

That is an awesome looking cap. Where can I get one like that?