Absolutley SMOKIN hot acros!!!!!

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

ShagMan wrote:I was being sarcastic :)
that is what I thought :)
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Eddie just took a picture of my other coral that I got at aquaworks. Guess we were wrong about what it was..

http://www.reefermadness.us/RMD01170009.htm
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Isn't that the same one I pm'ed you about ? It is diong good and looks great. What other coral did you get?
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I didn't get any others but I went by Aquaworks yesterday and they still have a bunch of those aquacultured corals that are exactly like the aquacultured stuff on RM. They are also getting a shipment in today of mainly fish but Tim said they would have a few corals coming in also. I might swing by today because I need another fish in my tank. The one wrasse isn't cutting it.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

now that we (B&B) have the new coral system we should be getting in some better stuff. and from what i have heard we will aslo be selling frags so not every peice will be 50 bucks like it is now. i know i can't wait to see what all we get because from what i have heard we are getting stuff from a new place that will have nicer corals.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

NM354 wrote:now that we (B&B) have the new coral system we should be getting in some better stuff. and from what i have heard we will aslo be selling frags so not every peice will be 50 bucks like it is now. i know i can't wait to see what all we get because from what i have heard we are getting stuff from a new place that will have nicer corals.
I for one (and maybe the only one) really like B&B. It has been a very long time since you've had anything worth seeing though. I'm very happy to hear that the store is going to finally get things straightened out.

But I got to tell ya that the tanks you have marked as "not for sale" must go! When Johnathon still worked there, it seemed the store was in a lot better shape. During Christmas the store went about 3 weeks without having anything to sell except yellow tangs and clown fish...

I'm happy to hear that they're trying to "improve" the store!
Wind me up!
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

As for the not for sale stuff that is all things that the tank maintenance customers are getting and they haven’t gotten it to them yet.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

NM354 wrote:As for the not for sale stuff that is all things that the tank maintenance customers are getting and they haven’t gotten it to them yet.
Negative. They won't sell anything out of that "old" display tank. I have personally seen SEVERAL things slowly die in there, but they still won't sell anything out of it. I have even told them to name a price before and they still wouldn't sell. To me they have the most going for them out of any LFS around. They have plenty of room and tons of traffic. They could be a really great shop if more effort was given by the owner(s)?
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

i was talking about the stuff that is posted on the tank Not For Sale. the stuff in the display is a different story because i would love one of the hammers out of there but its just not going to happen. so all i can do now is wait for the new stuff to start comming in and hopefully it will be much nicer than most of the stuff in the display.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

wtrhed wrote: Negative. They won't sell anything out of that "old" display tank. I have personally seen SEVERAL things slowly die in there, but they still won't sell anything out of it. I have even told them to name a price before and they still wouldn't sell. To me they have the most going for them out of any LFS around. They have plenty of room and tons of traffic. They could be a really great shop if more effort was given by the owner(s)?
I have seen everything except the encrusting gorgonian die and very few others. Several years ago they were getting in some smaller pieces and even a few acros but a 3 inch acro frag was $49.99. What B&B needs to do is allow reef keepers to trade in extras for store credit (and get new lights and quite a few things to improve water quality and lower their prices on drygoods and...). I go in there a lot but I haven't purchased anything more than $5 in 2 years.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

Scott wrote:I have seen everything except the encrusting gorgonian die and very few others. Several years ago they were getting in some smaller pieces and even a few acros but a 3 inch acro frag was $49.99. What B&B needs to do is allow reef keepers to trade in extras for store credit (and get new lights and quite a few things to improve water quality and lower their prices on drygoods and...). I go in there a lot but I haven't purchased anything more than $5 in 2 years.
I dont dissagree with you at all on stuff dieing but that is why they are making the improvements that we are. with the lights we just set up the new coral system that is two 95 gallon tanks that are 8 feet long wide and very short. over each one there is two 48" coralife pro fixtures ( the ones with two 150 watt HQI MH's and two 96 watt PC) then underneith the two tanks is the refugium. i was actually impressed by the way it has come out so far. and like i said i have heard that we will start selling frags for reasonable prices when we start getting new stuff in. and about trading you really just need to talk to Bill about that one. you never know maybe he will maybe he won't you just have to ask. and as for drygoods we will always be expensive on that but no matter where you go it will always be cheaper online.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

NM354 wrote:
Scott wrote: and as for drygoods we will always be expensive on that but no matter where you go it will always be cheaper online.
I am not a business person but I have worked in the service industry for a loooong time. I know that every place I have worked took a loss on some items to get people in the door. This is done to get repeat customers. If you offer a Kent Nautilus TE skimmer for $300 and you can buy them all day long on the internet for $159 don't expent to sell any except to those that are uninformed and reefers are usually not in that category. To be a responsible reef keeper you must research your livestock choices and methods of keeping corals, equipment and fish. If one was to go that far it's only a little more effort to research prices. If you were to offer some items at internet prices plus shipping, others at good prices but enough to make a profit (not suggested retail price) and have quality livestock at decent prices you could double business. I go in B&B at least once a week and usually leave dissapointed, I mean a brown zoanthid rock for $49, who in there right mind would buy that when I can get a Bali aquacultured colony for that price anywhere. I could go on and on about just about everything (everything except fish prices and fish food) that B&B sells. That is a problem if someone with limited education and intelligence like me can point that out.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

Why not ask Bill about trading in frags for store credit? I think if you guys post that offer on the forum, we'd bring in some pretty good frags that you guys could sell. You'd get more of a variety that way.

Many of us can supply GOOD frags and really don't expect too much. It would be good for us, the store, and everyone else who has a reef tank but isn't part of our group.

Hell, I'd even frag some stuff, attach it to a rock, wait a few months... just so I can get some mysis shrimp and maybe a few snails.

Speaking of snails... why won't B&B carry something besides turbo snails?
Wind me up!
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

what kind of snails are you looking for?
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

KrazyPlace wrote:Why not ask Bill about trading in frags for store credit? I think if you guys post that offer on the forum, we'd bring in some pretty good frags that you guys could sell. You'd get more of a variety that way.

Many of us can supply GOOD frags and really don't expect too much. It would be good for us, the store, and everyone else who has a reef tank but isn't part of our group.

Hell, I'd even frag some stuff, attach it to a rock, wait a few months... just so I can get some mysis shrimp and maybe a few snails.

Speaking of snails... why won't B&B carry something besides turbo snails?
Dollars are more like peso's at B&B......I can't even imagine what kinda store credit system they would agree to. I would rather give frags away then trade a box full of 'em for some flake food. :P
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "