Hot Frags wanted

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I think they are the same thing. Tim said that his supplier wasn't sending these to too many people over here. Sounds like what was said on RC. I even mentioned the thread and couldn't think of the store at the time and he said phishybusiness. Those are the same bases that were on the ones he had before that were like the stuff listed on RM in the aquacultered stuff. Tim also mentioned that this same supplier also deals with Rich over there in Mobile.

What was the price he was selling these for? He said they would probably be a little more pricy since they were costing a bit more but they are supposed to be larger then most other aquacultered stuff comming in.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I got a neon lime green milli, a purple tip acro tri-color and a coral that is either an efflo, echinopora or mycedium. The jury is still out on that one.

When I left the store, there was plenty of great stuff left. There were several more that I would like to have.

The stuff in the store looks exactly like the Reef CEntral thread and Phishybusiness pictures.

Phil
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

An Efflo... you have to shitting me.. I just mentioned to scott the other day how i want to look for an efflo frag. You know if that shipment would have come in on time you wouldn't have that....lol. Oh well. I told Tim I was going to stop in on monday. What were the going prices of the stuff. I've spent way to much on my tank the last month.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Redfish wrote:I got a neon lime green milli, a purple tip acro tri-color and a coral that is either an efflo, echinopora or mycedium. The jury is still out on that one.

When I left the store, there was plenty of great stuff left. There were several more that I would like to have.

The stuff in the store looks exactly like the Reef CEntral thread and Phishybusiness pictures.

Phil
At what store?? Efflos, echinos, and mycediums look nothing alike? Mark has an Echino if that is what you are talking about.
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

Given the relatively cheap price that Tim paid for the piece and what I paid him, I would have to believe that it is echinpora or mycedium (I would lean toward echinopora). He believes it was sold to him as an echinopora. However, I have or have had echinopora, mycedium, echinophyllia and efflo. These are my favorite corals, particularly red variety echinophyllia and efflo. This coral has no obvious mouth structures. Unfortunately, it does not really show and signs of edge branching either and it is a large piece.

I will try and post a picture tonight and we can all vote.

It is a large piece, at least 8 inches across. Regardless of what it is I would be more than happy to frag out half of it in one or more pieces if someone had something to trade. It is a nice purple/blue color. It came in brown.

Phil
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

By the way, if anyone ever wants to go in and group purchase corals from Tim or any of the stores, I would be more than happy to share the cost and split the coral. We can meet at the store or make other arrangements. Half of one of these corals for say $25 to $40 is plenty to start a great colony.

Phil
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Here is a GREAT ID site, maybe that will help

http://whelk.aims.gov.au/coralsearch/coralsearch.php

I am always down for trading, splitting, or ordering.I have a very large Echinopyllia on hold that I know is too big. It is brown at the moment, so who knows. Let me know.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I'm going by Tims tonight. We will see if i leave with anything. If so I'd be interested in splitting my stuff and getting double my moneys worth.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Fishfood wrote:I'm going by Tims tonight. We will see if i leave with anything. If so I'd be interested in splitting my stuff and getting double my moneys worth.
I hear ya!!!! My train of thought exactly! Let me know. I'm alittle closer to you guys so it should be fairly easy.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

haha, I don't know if you are that close to me eddie. I can jump on 10 and be at scotts in no time. I have to hit all those back roads to get to you.

I do think that Phil has a good plan and I intend to get with him to do this. It is hard for us P'cola folks to trade with you guys over in mobile(ok, if i would plan on attending a meeting I couldn't say anything). I enjoy my lunch frag trades with scott. We pull into subway and switch bags and go on our way. It seems like we are doing some type of covert operation or something illegal.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I wondered why all those people wer looking at us and dialing their cell phones :lol: .

I would be interested in going in halves on some of these. The only problems are I rarely get to Pensacola and I really like to see what I am buying. If it's an Echinophyllia I would be all over that.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

well i just picked up two corals from Tim and then i went to waterworld to pick up some lock line that i need and saw what i thought were white zoanthids. I didn't buy them and i'm hitting myself for it because it was just a little frag that had about 10 white ones with about 25 or so bulls eye green/purple. If someone picks that up please frag it for me.. Oh and the acros I picked up were nice too.

Drew
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Subliminal message attached: TO ALL SPS PEOPLE< BUY A FREAKING CAMERA that is all
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

Hey, I've got one!!! It just stopped working though :( I WILL have one SOON!!!!!
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I also picked up a brown gorgonia with blue polyps. I've never ever had any luck with them but it was in water worlds frag tank so i figured i'd give it a shot for $10.