on the hunt for some exotics

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

on the hunt for some exotics

Post by SaltnLime »

I'm on the hunt for a few exotics or uncommon corals..and some no so uncommon..... if anyone sees these or wants to join my hunt and split some lemme know

Want List:

Bright Green clove polyps
Green polyp tan toadstool (got on coming soon)
Purple gorgonia (like we got from reefers)

Blasto Welsi (red with green centers)
A nice green monti digitata
Purple rim green cap (purple polyp preferred)

I'm sure I will come up with more. :P

I am also looking for a yellow coris wrasse, six line wrasse and a small lamarks Anglefish.

May have the yellow and sixline through Rich
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I am always looking for exotics, but not LPS.

I have two different types of purple rimmed green cap. The only one large enough to frag has a dark puple/lavender rim about 3/4 to 1" in width under bright lighting. The further down in the tank it goes the lighter and more lavender the rim becomes. I was told the polyps were purple, but they have not turned so in my tank. They are greenish.

Phil
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

I specifically have this 3-4" wide piece available. It is at the bottom of mytank and is more lavender in color. The camera does not come close to capturing the green or the lavender.

Phil
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

Blasto Welsi (red with green centers)

I could possibly take care of this in a few months? I don't know how fast they will split. I have one with 5 heads right now. I fraged one for Scott. It is not just red with green centers... It is playdough red and green.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Looks like this (BTW, for a small admission fee you too can see this coral in person :P ):
Attachments
blasto edit.jpg
blasto edit.jpg (46.21 KiB) Viewed 4134 times
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Scott that is an awesome looking coral
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Redfish wrote:I am always looking for exotics, but not LPS.

I have two different types of purple rimmed green cap. The only one large enough to frag has a dark puple/lavender rim about 3/4 to 1" in width under bright lighting. The further down in the tank it goes the lighter and more lavender the rim becomes. I was told the polyps were purple, but they have not turned so in my tank. They are greenish.

Phil

That purple rim cap sound cool I would like a frag if it is big enough to frag for the both of us.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Wow that is bright scott. Mine is looking good after almost butchering it with my first attempt with my new dremel. lol. I actually has a small part of one head that i found. I dont' know if it will grow or not. Then i have another one that got cut while cutting that piece that is kind of melting away and falling off. I don't know if it will attach to my starboard and regrow or what.

Are you sure thats real. It looks fake to me.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

It's real alright. I had to crop the hell out of that pic to get it to show but that is it. Right now it is in a semi-shaded area so that may have an influence on the color.

Do you feed yours?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I don't feed my corals at this point. I'm not living in my house once again so I never really see the tank except on the weekends. During the week days after work I go home and try to finish cleaning up the yard and getting other odds and ends done that are left over from the hurricane.

What do you suggest feeding the blasto? Just anything meaty. How is your maroon one doing?
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Shawn, how can I change your mind on any "coris" wrasses? They are a major pain when they get larger. Speaking only from experience on both the red and yellow coris wrasse.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Can I get an explination on how the yellow coris wrasse are a pain in the ass? I've been kind of thinking about one also to keep my FW in check. From what I understand they will eat them. I can't go with a six line because I know for sure they will most likely kill my fairy wrasses. Since 4 doses of FE didn't work I guess i need some natural solution.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Fishfood wrote:Blasto Welsi (red with green centers)

I could possibly take care of this in a few months? I don't know how fast they will split. I have one with 5 heads right now. I fraged one for Scott. It is not just red with green centers... It is playdough red and green.
yeah add me to the list of first frag please... unless scott wants to sell his :P ......... better go ahead and add me to the list :lol:
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

We have these Blasto Welsi (red with green centers) dont know if you remember them in our 125. Ask Scott and Terry's oppinion on them.
And want to go in on the Bright Green clove polyps with you.
Karen
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster wrote:Hey Shawn, how can I change your mind on any "coris" wrasses? They are a major pain when they get larger. Speaking only from experience on both the red and yellow coris wrasse.
I've been reading alot about these and almost everyone has had good experience with these guys in DSB reef tanks. What kinda problems was your causing......... definately want to weigh my options.