on the hunt for some exotics

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Redfish wrote:I am always looking for exotics, but not LPS.

I have two different types of purple rimmed green cap. The only one large enough to frag has a dark puple/lavender rim about 3/4 to 1" in width under bright lighting. The further down in the tank it goes the lighter and more lavender the rim becomes. I was told the polyps were purple, but they have not turned so in my tank. They are greenish.

Phil
I'll swap you something for you PR and I think you had another I wanted also...... lemme check
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

I'd give the place in Montgomery a call if you're interested in a Coris - he had wrasses for days - had them separated by "bad vs good/okay" all the "bad" ones were in tanks in the middle of the store, all the "good" ones were in the tanks lining the walls.

He even had a Coris Wrasse....it was juvenile....really pretty.
From experience, we have found that they can "rearrange" your aquarium in a very short period of time........In the wild, they are always "busy", picking up small stones and coral rubble, looking for something (usually small crabs and other inverts) to eat. Sort of reminds you of a small child on an Easter Egg hunt.
That's from about.com btw....

I think it's Aquarium Fantasies?? Yeah, it is:

Aquarium Fantasies

Location Info:
Atlanta Crossing Sho, Montgomery, AL 36104
map | driving directions

Products & Services:
Aquariums & Tanks, Fish, Coral, Lighting, Saltwater Fish, Pets, Aquarium Supplies, Installation, Maintenance & Repair

Specialties:
Salt Water Products,Reef Aquariums,Corals,Fish,Liverock

Contact Info:
(334) 396-5020
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

not as beautiful as Scott's but pretty dang nice.
Attachments
15.jpg
15.jpg (80.97 KiB) Viewed 3769 times
Karen
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

When they get larger, they pick on snails, flip things over in order to find food. I can swear that they eat some of the snails also, especially the little ones. Also a couple of the hotel's cleaner shrimps are missing. I have attributed this fact to the wrasse. To me, they are menaces in a reef tank.

Just my opinion though,
John
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

SaltnLime,

The piece of purple rim is yours if you want to trade. Also saved a fairly large piece of mystery coral for you. I also have a nice piece of the orange tri-color.

I think I indicted before what I liked of your available stuff. I needd to go back and look unless you found it.

I am also going to have some more stuff fragged soon. The purple tipped yellow tenuis a green with pink/purple tiped acro similar to ORA chips and a couple of others.

Phil
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster wrote:When they get larger, they pick on snails, flip things over in order to find food. I can swear that they eat some of the snails also, especially the little ones. Also a couple of the hotel's cleaner shrimps are missing. I have attributed this fact to the wrasse. To me, they are menaces in a reef tank.

Just my opinion though,
John
I'm a snail hater and have no scrimps either........ maybe we are a match made in heaven..... :P
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Redfish wrote:SaltnLime,

The piece of purple rim is yours if you want to trade. Also saved a fairly large piece of mystery coral for you. I also have a nice piece of the orange tri-color.

I think I indicted before what I liked of your available stuff. I needd to go back and look unless you found it.

I am also going to have some more stuff fragged soon. The purple tipped yellow tenuis a green with pink/purple tiped acro similar to ORA chips and a couple of others.

Phil
Sounds like a plan..... we can work
out the specifics in PM...
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I think they're finicky housekeepers and like to rearrange to suit their taste. I don't know if I'd want to fight on where I want to place a frag, with a fish, they're sneaky little boogers like that :)
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

They will flip over anything that can be flipped. Including decent sized rocks when they get larger.
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

haha, this thread got off topic...
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Does anyone have the purple gorgonia or the green digitata?
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Karen- Add me on the trader list for that blasto if I have something you want.... now lets find those green clove's together.

Redfish- I want a frag of your "mystery" coral, purple rim cap and neon green milli...

Fishfood- when your blasto is fragable again I'm in for a piece if I have something you want. I know you like stags... I have a few of em you might want to swap for...and a few growing out that I know you would want.

Scott- I'll take one of everything :) Add me to the list of Echinophyllia beggers. :P

I'm off to check out the coral retailers............
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

I sure do need some stags. they will have to compete with my caps. I want to get them in there to get them going.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Redfish...sent you a pm about meeting up for a trade