Meetings and Frag Swaps

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

jagal
Amoeba

Meetings and Frag Swaps

Post by jagal »

How often does this club meet? And where?

I am in new to the hobby and live in Pensacola.

jagal
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

We used to meet every month but we have had some setbacks with our Mississippi members losing tanks and more. In the beginning we had only a few members but they all showed up to the meetings. We have also had some great frag swaps but a lot of us are pretty much starting over with the past two seasons. The corals that survived are not doing sood, some are doin real good so I could swap a few but they are nothign special.

I can't really explain why we haven't been meeting but I know that I haven't been dong my part. I haven't even been able to make it to some of the meetings that others hosted. Hopefully I will have a meeting at my house when my tank looks good or at least somewhat better than it does now. We have never had a meeting in Pensacola, at least none that I can remember. The last meeting was near Gulfport right after Katrina and I couldn't make it for various reasons but I still have a whole in my ceiling and I would go to the next meeting regardless.

Maybe it will start back up in January. We should demnd meetings every month and frag swaps at least twice a year. That is one reason we started the club, if we all have some great corals if someone loses one there are still others so that it can be replaced, oh and the beer.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Yeah beer :mrgreen:
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

So far I have only recieved a few responses for us hosting in Dec. Is this not a good time for most? I want to throw one, but need to have more commiting to coming. Come on folks, it is sad when new comers have to ask if we have any meetings!
LET"S SEE A SHOW OF HANDS NOW! Who wants a party in Dec?
Karen
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Id be willing to come but it all depends on what day. I have three different family Chistmas parties, one wedding, commitment to have family pictures taken and probably more that I don't even know about yet. December is always a bad month for me being able to do anything extra curricular.
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

Scott wrote:Id be willing to come but it all depends on what day. I have three different family Chistmas parties, one wedding, commitment to have family pictures taken and probably more that I don't even know about yet. December is always a bad month for me being able to do anything extra curricular.
ditto on december being a bad month... :(
jagal
Amoeba

Post by jagal »

I am new,but if December is bad I would like to see one in January.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

Jagal, let's see some pictures of your tank so I can go ahead and pick out what I want at the frag swap :D
jagal
Amoeba

Post by jagal »

I have very very little. I just started my tank about 2 months ago. I am really new to this hobby. I will try to get some pics of my very modest tank though.

jagal
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

send me a pm some time, we can see what you have to work with and i'd be happy to donate some frags to ya to help get you started...
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

yea, keep us P'cola folks in the know about your tank. Its a bit easier to work with and trade with people in town.
jagal
Amoeba

Post by jagal »

sounds great. I appreciate the generosity. I look forward to many years of successful reefing.

jagal

If you don't mind my asking, where in P'cola are ya'll located. I live off Michigan Avenue.
jagal
Amoeba

Post by jagal »

Also, I have a friend who just purchased a 150 gallon from a LFS. He is waiting for it to arrive. I am hoping to get him involved in the reefing part so I can get some frags from him when the time comes.

I will also try to get him on this forum.

jagal
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

I am off mobile highway
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Let him know about our rock for sale jagal. Also I am sure I can round up a few frags for you also. :wink:
Karen