Hello All

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

Marsfrogie
Amoeba

Hello All

Post by Marsfrogie »

Did this forum just die or something?

Anyway, I just signed up here and figured I'd check in. I deal mostly with zoas and palythoas. Also have several SPS and LPS. I will be looking to do some trades in the near future for other colorful SPS, LPS, zoas, and palys.

Do you guys ever have frag swaps anymore? I would definately be interested in coming to some.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Dead, nah. It is just going through a cycle, seems to happen every so often. The regulars are not regular anymore, some had crashes, others lost from Katrina.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Marsfrogie
Amoeba

Post by Marsfrogie »

When was the last meeting?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I am not sure, I am out of meetings after one at my house. Let's just say people did not respect my house, so I am permanently out of having them here.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Glad to hear from a few old timers....Hate that the old crowd got broken up by moves and storms....planning to retire in January and might try to start something in Indiana where I escaped to after the storm.....till then I will be mostly in Nigeria hiding from the MEND group....been looking on how to support floor and run pipes to basement for the fuge and sump....not sure what size ect till I get it figured out....but will have plenty of time after Jan. Hello to all the old friends down south....someone should start the meetings (parties) up again and everyone just behave....there was a certain magic with the early members that made this board (plus hard work from those running the board...many thanks to them)...... :D Terry
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

there is actually one in Pensacola this coming weekend. The Florida Panhandle club is doing meetings every 3 months and is rotating them between Pensacola and Crestview. Aquaria is opening up on sunday just for the club to stop by after the meeting. Anyone interested could go to RC and look it up in the club forums.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well we have talked recently about getting out of it, except for my 10 gallon at work. My argument is the power bill and the fact we have little time and no money to devote to the tank. I loved going to the store to buy corals and such, we just cannot do that anymore with teenagers.

I just do not enjoy my tanks anymore since I cannot spend money on them, and they need money dumped into them right now in a cleanup crew and such. I do not plan on getting rid of the tanks, just the possibility of breaking them down. I know for a fact if I do this I will get back into the hobby when the kids move out or we have money to put back into them, whichever comes first.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
woolyt2
Amoeba

Post by woolyt2 »

looked on rc for info on the meeting but didnt see anything ..just got my 110 back up so need to start meeting people again its only been 4 years down hahaha
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

woolyt2 wrote:looked on rc for info on the meeting but didnt see anything ..just got my 110 back up so need to start meeting people again its only been 4 years down hahaha
there is info in the forums somewhere. you might have to look through a few posts.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forum ... orumid=379