need to know best corals

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

lowrider
Amoeba

need to know best corals

Post by lowrider »

what are the best starter coral's im ready to start getting some new ones
oh i only have a 29 gal LR\3 fish\ starfish\a few snails and one crab we named bigfoot lol oh i have 2 snake polyps and a little star polyp
thanx for any help i need all i can get :lol:
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

well, i started my 29 with xenia, star polyps, devils hand, colt and candy cane. It all did great until Walmart (culligan) water crashed my tank. The xenia and polyps died off.. everything else is still going strong.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

My suggestion for a 29 gallon would probably be zoas, mushrooms, possibly a frogspawn or hammer coral. These will usually do well as long as your water parameters are all excellent and the tank is stable. Lighting should also be taken into consideration. The corals I've mentioned should work well with moderate lighting. If you happen to be using T5 or MH, you can somewhat expand your choices.
Doc :D
jason214
Amoeba

Post by jason214 »

I'm running T-5's in my 29 and have everything from zoa's a year old flower post, leathers, shrooms, torch, lps, sps, and all looks great. At least 20 diff. corals in my tank, and i'm still looking to adding alot more, Also had a clam for a long time but it died from an infection on an injured foot.