LTA to a good home

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

Neuticle
Copepod

LTA to a good home

Post by Neuticle »

My tank just has too much flow for this guy, $20 cash or reasonable trade.

This pic is about 4 months old, I recently had to tear down my rock to retrieve him from a lower lit location, as a result his coloring is not as dramatic, but is still a good eater (silversides/salad shrimp), and roughly softball sized when handled. Mantle extends roughly 8" when happy, tentacles reach another 2" on each side.

Last edited by Neuticle on Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
jdmorgan20fan
Amoeba

lta

Post by jdmorgan20fan »

I sure wish I had the lights for it. I gotta stay with the easy to keep things right now. Still learning.....
BigPumper
Amoeba

Post by BigPumper »

What type of clowns host this nem?
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

The usual suspects, Clarki, Tomato, Skunk, Maroon, etc.

Am. Oscellaris will be possibly interested in an ideal situation, but it depends on your fish. I have a big tank raised Osc. and a red sea Black Osc., neither of them care about it, but then again, they don't host in anything else either.
100 gal mixed reef, 30 gal sump, 4x54w T5, 2x150w HQI, OctoX 200 skimmer, Kalk top-off, rocky mixed reef.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

I'm flexible on this if anybody wants a good anemone.
Crustman
Amoeba

Post by Crustman »

I'm game for a good anemone. I have a LTA that bleached and a sebae under the live rocks. Yours has great color. I have 8 39 w t-5 bulbs. Please let me know where to pick him up.
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

Well the LTA decided to cross the tank and do battle with the little condy anem. Well, let's say he bit off far more than he could chew, and is a little worse for wear, the condy must have a beast of a sting.

So, the nem is probably not OK to travel until he's in better shape. He's got some burnt spots on his tentacles and mantle, mouth is not fully closing. He needs at least a month of R&R, along with a few silversides, before I'd feel right giving him to anybody.

If my computer and camera worked together better, I'd post pictures. It's amazing how bad the little condy gave it to him.
crsswift70
Copepod

Post by crsswift70 »

My understanding is that condy's are indeed bad stingers. They supposedly have a tendency to eat clown fish that attempt to host them as well.
75gal, 20gal fuge, DIY LED, mag5 return, 2xk3's.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

I had a large green condi that ate one of my maroon and golds. it was a big condi and very health. If my hand got close to it i always ended up breaking a few tenticles off that got stuck to my hand.
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Neuticle
Copepod

Post by Neuticle »

Well the condi went on the attack and finished him off, guess he really bit off more than he could chew. Now my condi, who has been in the same spot for almost a year is moving around....

#$%^!!!!
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I am new to this so the ? may seen stupid. What is a Condi, I am guessing thats it short for what it is really called.
lowrider
Amoeba

Post by lowrider »

its a condi anenome :wink:
AquariKeeper
Amoeba

Post by AquariKeeper »

Condilactus Gigantea (common name condy or condi anenome) are pretty bad if you think about it, they don't host clowns, they eat fish, they sting corals... :?
Squirrelboy
Amoeba

Post by Squirrelboy »

They usually tend to move around alot too in my experience and yea I had a gorgeous fire clown get sucked down but a small Condi along with 3 damsels. A wonderful gift to any unsuspecting reefer you dont like.