Need these corals

Local area Coral and Frag trading forum.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Need these corals

Post by snoopdog »

If anyone has any Zoos, mushrooms, Ricordia, Polyps or other soft corals let me know. I need to get to P Cola to buy stuff but it seems all Saturdays are tied up and I never make it. Frags and colonies are both acceptable but my largest tank is a 29 gallon so nothing too big. Just post your price and a picture if you have a digital cam and me or someone else may buy it.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Give me some time... I just set up a 10 gal prop tank for my zoos, shrooms, and ricordia. I have about 10 different colors/variations of zoos, and 4 different ricordia(solid orange, pink&purple, two tone blue, greenish pink and hopefully soon a solid red). I'm not sure how long it will take for them to grow out but I hope the tank is ready to add the stuff in a few days.
finaddict
Amoeba

Post by finaddict »

Hey scott. I have a very large colt coral, that your more than welcome to frag off of. I have tried with no success. I've tried to use the dental toothpick method, but to no avail. also have some mushrooms throughout my tank that will spread like crazy when chopped up. I have cut the caps off and chopped them up in little pieces and they always do real well. Anyway let me know and we'll get together one weekend.

Later
Jeff
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

You've got red ricordia, fishfood???? :twisted: :shock: Please let me know in the future if you have a spare to sell...
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hey Kevin, I can frag my yellow sarcophyton elegans (Yellow Figi leather) for the next meeting if you are look for something like that. Just give me whatever you think the frag is worth at that time.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

Brandon,

I'm trying to get a red one. There was only one and the guy was going to try to cut it to make it reproduce. If i get a hold of it I'll try to grow it out. It was a very nice ricordia. I'll keep my fingers crossed. I would love a red one.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Ahh.. Me too! I think I have a yellow one, it's not a screaming bright yellow, but it is looking better and better. I'm really liking Ricordia... nice looking and easy to propagate.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

I was at aquaworks yesterday and they had a bright neon yellow ricordia but it seemed like it was melting away. There are about 4 more on the one rock but none looked too good. I may have to stop by and see if I can get just one of them. How is that orange one doing that i gave you. Mine is about 6 inches or more across and i have about 4 that split off.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

They got really big. It's now easy to see that the inside of the mouth is a nice neon green.. I think their are 6-7 of them scattered around. Aqua Works sometimes gets some pretty neat color variations that you can pickup for cheap.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

they always have the orange/pink/purple ones..

One more question for you Brandon.. Has that red shroom with blue dots split at all? Mine hasn't. That sucker is a slow grower for me. I want to try propagating that one.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Lets just say I will never lack for those,.. I have those in both mine and Melissa's tank, and have given a good many of those away. That one little rock I got from you, I can move it to wherever I want some of those things to grow. I found they divide and multiply easily on their own if I overstress them by putting them high up right under the halides. They lose the great colors , but multiply like crazy. I guess it is a last ditch effort at survival by multiplying.
I would be glad to bring you some babies of it.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

that is odd, they will not divide in my tank. They were mid tank and in semi direct light. They are a different shroom that you don't see much and i wanted to get some more going. I think the 1 i have is about to split. Actually what i was looking for is a frag of that sinularia that i gave to you and scott.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

No prob... Which color. I got two from you.. One is a pink , which has gotten huge and I've fragged it a couple of times, the other one, which is a really light blueish/whitish shade has not grown very much.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

??? I only remember the pink one. I know that sucker can grow fast. That is the one I'm looking for. I traded mine in a while back when i switched my tank over to mostly sps tank and now have a new little tank that I wouldn't mind having a piece of it in. I'll trade you something for it, but i dont' have anything to trade at the moment. I have to let all the zoos grow out first. So maybe if you come over to P'cola sometime to visit the stores over here you can drop me a line and i'll meet up with you or you can swing by to check out what i have. Or I might try to make the meeting next month. I may actually have some pictures of my tank up soon since my girlfriend borrowed a nice camera from her parents and we are going to try it out.

Snoop sorry for jumping in here.... I do have a blue shroom that I'm going to try to frag. I have two but want to dice the one up and see if i can get a few more out of it quick. I get everything in at frag size and so it takes a while to get stuff growing. I'm going to have a little fun here shortly with a razor blade and my prop. tank :lol:
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

No problem Man... We usually run down there about once a month or so.. Usually to Aqua Works (Reef Stuff), Iveys (Bird Stuff), and Albertsons (Cool Beers)

I'll frag the pink one tonight and mount it to a piece of rubble.

Back on the topic.. Snoop, I'm gonna start fragging out some stuff tonight. I think I am going to mount the Zo's on plastic sheets (Cut from coke bottles or something) this time, so they can be easily removed and glued elsewhere. And that way I can propagate a good little mix on each sheet.