Have you ever wondered how bad it got.

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

The culprit.

Day 3 - ouch

Day 4 - kinda red now

Day 5 - kinda bad

Day 6 Just getting plain sick

Day 9 - missing flesh

Day 10 Gangrenous

Last edited by snoopdog on Mon May 29, 2006 3:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
jerryf
Amoeba

Post by jerryf »

That's why I hate those damned things. Okay, I don't really hate them, but I am definitely terrified of spiders. I just had a chill thinking about them...
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah well i have alway heard the tales of the dreaded black widow and the brown recluse, but never saw the real result. I heard the they ate the flash and left holes but nice to see it first hand.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

That is enough to make one sick.....throw up kind.........

Thanks for sharing....I think!

BTW, when did this happen?

Elizabeth
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I dunno, that's not my hand.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Shameless bump for ALLEN !!!
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

yeah i missed that first time around.

That is hard to look at. see? SEE? WHAY I SAID THOSE THINGS CREEP ME OUT!
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I personally think it is one of the coolest things i ever saw. But that is just me.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
tanker stanker
Amoeba

Post by tanker stanker »

Thanks, snoop. I'll be callin Peaches n' Clean tomorrow to come clean the vomit up from my carpet. :oops: :shock: :o BLAAHHH!!!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Bump, this is gross enough to bring back from the dead.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Funny this comes back up, since I was talking to a guy who had the same thing happen to the calf of his leg. It was a year since he had been bitten and it still hadn't healed completely. It causes localized cytolysis and consequent necrosis. Some extreme cases, some people have a severe reaction to the venom and the wound site spreads across the body, literally rotting very large portions of it away.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

tanker stanker wrote:Thanks, snoop. I'll be callin Peaches n' Clean tomorrow to come clean the vomit up from my carpet. :oops: :shock: :o BLAAHHH!!!
Go ahead and tell 'em to swing by my house when they're done with yours.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

About a year ago I saw a black widow spider right outside my back door. I went inside to get my husband to kill it and could never find it again. About a month ago I went into my shed and saw about 3 or 4 of them (I"m sure there were probably a bunch more I didn't see). They had a bunch of egg sacks all on the inside and outside of my shed. I went to the garage and got the Spectracide. I literally saturated the inside and outside of my shed with it and every spider and egg sack I saw. I went back the next day and all of those SOB's were dead!!!!! I can't believe my dogs hadn't got bitten.
-Kristyn
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

GermanShepherdGirl wrote:About a year ago I saw a black widow spider right outside my back door. I went inside to get my husband to kill it and could never find it again. About a month ago I went into my shed and saw about 3 or 4 of them (I"m sure there were probably a bunch more I didn't see). They had a bunch of egg sacks all on the inside and outside of my shed. I went to the garage and got the Spectracide. I literally saturated the inside and outside of my shed with it and every spider and egg sack I saw. I went back the next day and all of those SOB's were dead!!!!! I can't believe my dogs hadn't got bitten.
I breed them in my shed as well... i just use something to smash them with... a bit caveman-ish... but provides more satisfaction for me.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Black Widow are very common here. I remember as a kid our yard was not well kept at all, quite messy. There would be numerous buckets and junk laying in the yard. If a bucket was left upside down for any period of time there would be a good chance one would be there. Females seemed way more common, I guess because they kill the male.

If you want to have fun with a Black Widow this can be entertaining. Take and find a common black ant mound, or even a fire ant mound and place a Black Widow female in the middle of the mound once you stir the ants up. It is amazing because they cannot get to her, she can sting and kill the ants very quickly and come out unhurt. As a kid I watched a female eliminate an entire common black ant mound.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.