Have you ever wondered how bad it got.

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

snoopdog wrote:Black Widow are very common here. I remember as a kid our yard was not well kept at all, quite messy. There would be numerous buckets and junk laying in the yard. If a bucket was left upside down for any period of time there would be a good chance one would be there. Females seemed way more common, I guess because they kill the male.

If you want to have fun with a Black Widow this can be entertaining. Take and find a common black ant mound, or even a fire ant mound and place a Black Widow female in the middle of the mound once you stir the ants up. It is amazing because they cannot get to her, she can sting and kill the ants very quickly and come out unhurt. As a kid I watched a female eliminate an entire common black ant mound.
Cool! I wanna try that. I remember when I was young I captured a spider that was in my bathroom. I lit a match and touched the flame to the spider. I promise you I heard it make some kind of screaming noise! It was so creepy....I didn't know they could make noises. I'm totally against animal cruelty but I don't give a crap about bugs and spiders....especially if they are in my house or they are poisonus.
-Kristyn
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Cow Ants make cool noises too. Lots of them around here in dry areas.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
oddball
Amoeba

Post by oddball »

Two years ago while running sick-call at the brig in Norfolk I saw a person that was bitten in the corner of there right eye. Moreover, while I was talking to him, a baby recluse crawled out of his hair. He literally had a spiders nest in his hair