Guardfather old or not

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Is Guardfather old? HELL YES or NO

HELL YES
75%
NO
25%

Total votes: 8

Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

GermanShepherdGirl wrote:I was just wondering....I was in color guard when I was in high school. Only did it 1 year. It was fun but hated band camp.
You said that when last the subject came up. It is different now, in that, although helpful, being in field season isn't required in a lot of guards. It is at Murphy, but not most.

We have a tough show this season. We were bumped up to Scholastic Open class last year. Tougher competition and our music has no measure. The girls have to start counting from the very begining and stay on tempo for four and a half minutes. They hate it, but the judges are eating it up. Halfway through the season and we're at 80.3 and ranked nationally, at this point, third in the nation.

Sorry donkeypoo ... Once I get started on WG, I have to make myself stop. Oh, and one more thing ... (click)!
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

That's very impressive. Hate it or not...they should be quite proud of themselves!
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

They don't really hate it, but I could have sold tickets to see their faces when they heard the soundtrack for the first time. But now, we can hear a heartbeat in the music, but the judges can't.

There is a fair amount of pride, especially when they watch my videos of the performances. They are cleaning and polishing for the WGI South Power Regionals at Tampa in two weeks. Big show, there are some 71 units registered and 10 in our class. Several of those 10 are good ... Freedom H.S. especially. Got their work cut out for sure. This will give us a taste of the competition in April at Dayton.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Post by donkeyclubmember »

BLAH BLAH BLAH

Give me a G
Give me a U
Give me a A
Give me a R
Give me a D
Give me a B
Give me a I
Give me a T
Give me a C
Give me a H

What does that spell? I am a fag........
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Dude ... You are so jealous!

Daphne H.S. can always use a volunteer. They're a great team with a winning show this year. They took first place last week at Pace H.S. beating Harrison Central ... Which is hard to do.

Get a life!
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Jealous I married one of those Dhs guard girls :evil: and you see where that got me.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

OMG u two just get married and get it over with.....
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

OMG u two just get married and get it over with.....

Oh, the times I started to say the same thing....... :P :P
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

I've had my thoughts but I just kept my mouth shut.
-Kristyn
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Sorry he is not my type i like them without embalming fluid.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

donkeyclubmember wrote:Jealous I married one of those Dhs guard girls :evil: and you see where that got me.
If you recall ... I told you not to marry her in the first place. But oh no, you know it all.

Age does have it's advantages. There are lots of young people, there are lots of wise people. But you never find young, wise people.

Case in point ...
donkeyclubmember wrote:I married one of those Dhs guard girls :evil: and you see where that got me.
Besides ... I didn't suggest you marry one of 'em, moron ... Just help the unit out.
Last edited by Guardfather on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Amyjoe wrote:OMG u two just get married and get it over with.....
You know I like my women short.
GermanShepherdGirl wrote:I've had my thoughts but I just kept my mouth shut.
sb1227 wrote:Oh, the times I started to say the same thing.......
C'mon ... Bring it!