puppy for sale?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

mikelindsey
Amoeba

puppy for sale?

Post by mikelindsey »

anyone know a good reputable breeder or someone who is giving away any small breed puppies? my wife is looking for a very small (under 10 lbs when grown) puppy. we are not set on a particular breed yet. i would love to adopt from the pound to save a life, but i've had two friends that adopted there and the puppies had parvo (or parva?) so i am leary of that option. you can pm me if you have anything.

thanks
steveanddanni
Amoeba

Post by steveanddanni »

Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

No clue on small dog breeders. I wouldn't worry about shelter dogs, you'll see plenty of parvo pups from irresponsible breeders also. Just be sure to take the pup to the vet when you pick them up and start them on their immunizations.

http://www.akc.org/classified/search/index.cfm

Might also try the classifieds at www.al.com, and http://www.craigslist.org/
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Post by donkeyclubmember »

Ask Guardfather I understand HE breeds animals........
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
mikelindsey
Amoeba

Post by mikelindsey »

thanks
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

donkeyclubmember wrote:Ask Guardfather I understand HE breeds animals........
You're just mad cause your sheep rejected you.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Yeah I wouldn't worry about the animal shelter either...just because you've heard of a couple getting parvo doesn't mean they all will. My sister-in-law breeds Schnoodles (Schnauzer-Poodle mix)....they stay small. Personally I can't stand when people mix breeds like that...but whatever! :roll: Most of the others I know of only breed German Shepherds, Belgian Malinois, or Doberman's. I'll be breeding my Shepherds later this year. Check http://www.al.com and go to the pet classified ads.
-Kristyn
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

The Parvo thing take it from me.... Um they can have all their shots and still get it. I have a mixed breed pup coming up on a year old and she got parvo right after her last set of shots. She was truly sick but pulled through. We had her from 5 weeks and started her shots immediately and she wasn't from the pound.... she was from a B&B pet adoption.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
mikelindsey
Amoeba

Post by mikelindsey »

thanks for the input. i may reconsider a shelter pup.