Free to a Good Home...

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Free to a Good Home...

Post by Amyjoe »

Okay, I am ready for the slam fest but it has to happen...

Free to a good home, 1- 10 month old Australian Shepard/Lab mix puppy. She is up to date on shots, fixed and a sweet heart but she is too much dog for my family. When we got her my kids promised to help with her care due to my screwed up work schedule and as kids go they have failed. She stays crated most of the time and that just isn't fair. She is house trained, smart as a whip (just needs someone to take some time with her) and as lovable as can be. It breaks my heart to part with her after all we went thru to safe her but she deserves better than what we can give at this time...

Please PM me if you are interested or know someone who is....

Amy
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I sure hate to hear that. Especially after all you've been thru, makes it especially hard to make a decision like that. Hope you find a wonderful home for her....I'll keep my ears out and fingers crossed. :)
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

How is she around other animals, lg + very small.
Also any recent photos, and weight now
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I am sorry I am still in bed sick. I swear soons as I can get out of bed longer than 10 minutes I will take a picture of her.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Sorry to hear your sick, alot of nasty stuff going around. Get yourself better fast man!
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ok I feel somewhat like myself now.
Attachments
DSC00767 (Small).JPG
DSC00767 (Small).JPG (56.02 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
DSC00778 (Small).JPG
DSC00778 (Small).JPG (60.83 KiB) Viewed 3395 times
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

She has really pretty markings, not sure if you can see them real well. She really never sits still. Like Amy said the kids had promised that they would tend to the dog, and we went over this several times since I knew this breed would need more atttention than others, well as expected Skylar is never here and when she is here Java is not on her mind. We have been picking up the slack but Java is not getting what she needs and that is owners with more time for her. I love the dog and will hate to see her go but having to have her crated so much of the day is not fair for her. Amy is on a 7-7 schedule and ometimes I go straight to another job after work so Java is just crated for way too long.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Poor baby! I'd take her if I could but 2 German Shepherds is handful enough!!! Good luck in finding a home for her....she's a cutie! Let us know how it goes.
-Kristyn
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I hate to ask again, but, how is she around other animals, lg + very small? Also how is she around strangers, adults or kids?
And next, roughly what is her weight
Karen
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Well other dogs ? Brandon can tell you she is timid on a larger dog, on a smaller dog she may lick it to death. On strangers she will try to jump on them and lick them, but that is kind of expected at her age. She has never bitten anyone and I really never expect that of her with her demeanor. I have been working on the "pounce on stranger and lick to death" thing and she is making progress. She does learn very quickly and knows when she is doing wrong. So far she can sit, lay down, and just recently I taught her to lay on her back and roll over. She does get too excited when strangers show up and has a very mean bark, but that is followed by affection and never aggression.

One other thing you may not see is that her tail was cut at birth, the guy that owned all the puppies clipped them all at birth. I personally think she looks a lot better without the tail. Amy is off today, so she should read the post and will weigh her. I really do not think she is going to get much bigger. She is mostly aussie I think one of her parents looked something like this but she has short hair like the other parent. Her head and markings are all aussie but without the irritating long hair. We definitely have NO hair problem with her.

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

I will get a much better picture for you this weekend when I walk her, one more recent and with her standing.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I think she'd do great around larger dogs once she warmed up to them. Bava is just MUCH larger and too pushy for his own good. She also didnt' feel good at the time, so she wanted him to leave her alone. She did very well under the circumstances.

My opinion, she is very very smart, high drive, wants to please, cute as a button, and a very sweet dog.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah she did tolerate Bava a lot longer than I expected before she snapped and then she only "acted" like she was going to bite. She was still weak at the time from being sick and had a very, very rough two weeks, really at that time she could barely walk. Bava is a great dog though, do you have any recent pictures showing how much he has grown ?

Oh Brandon have you had time to size/fix the meeting pictures ? I just remembered :wink:
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Bava

Post by Melissakins »

I'm posting a new thread Kevin.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

snoopdog wrote:Yeah she did tolerate Bava a lot longer than I expected before she snapped and then she only "acted" like she was going to bite. She was still weak at the time from being sick and had a very, very rough two weeks, really at that time she could barely walk. Bava is a great dog though, do you have any recent pictures showing how much he has grown ?

Oh Brandon have you had time to size/fix the meeting pictures ? I just remembered :wink:
She did what she was supposed to, thats a good behaviour, she warned him she had, had enough of him pushing her around. Bava is too pushy at times.

I'll get the pics up tonight, I had completely forgotten about them, sorry about that, just been a wee bit hectic.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.