Justice for Kahn

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Justice for Kahn

Post by Brandon »

I don't usually participate in these kinds of things, but this was in Wetumpka (where I grew up) and I've talked to the family this happened to. This petition has sorta stalled and needs only 80 or so more signatures to reach the goal. If you guys could help this reach the goal, that would be great.. this was really sad.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/464850126

On the website http://justiceforkahn.bravehost.com/
The story
Kahn was the beloved companion of the Bradford family of Wetumpka, Alabama. On Feb. 20th, 2004, Kahn was abducted from the Bradford home by criminals who intended to use him as a "training" dog for fighting pit bulls. Kahn was placed in a pen and attacked, tortured and mutilated by multiple pit bulls trained to attack and kill on command by their human owners. After a long, heroic struggle to survive against overwhelming odds, Kahn was shot to death and left on the side of the road, his usefulness to these criminals at an end. Only the perpertrators of these heinous acts know to what extent Kahn suffered before they cruelly murdered him. The Bradford family found their beloved gentle giant and family companion laying dead in the gutter, by the side of the road. Kahn was tossed aside like garbage by these sociopathic criminals who mutilated, tortured and murdered him.

Can you imagine the incredible horror and overwhelming grief you would experience if you found somone you loved gone, as a result of a situation such as this? How would you feel? What would you feel? What would you feel like doing? Rage? Anger? Incredible sadness? Incomprehension? What would you tell your son or daughter had happened to their friend and companion? Do you think those feelings would diminish when the 2 criminals who did this received only a $1400 dollar fine? Of which, only $400 has ever been paid by one of the criminals. Well, sadly, that is what happened to the Bradford Family. Adding incredible insult to heinous injury for them. Both of these criminals are currently in Contempt of Court for failing to adhere with a legally issued and binding Court Order. It is our intention to see Justice served for Kahn. The law that was applied by the City of Wetumpka of the State of Alabama classified these heinous actions as a Class 'B' Misdeameanor. We believe that the Wetumpka District Attorney's Office could have prosecuted these offenses with a significantly higher degree of severity. Why didn't they? Any sane, law-abiding citizen of our Great Nation can easily recognize that the criminals who carried out these heinous actions did so in a pre-meditated, cruel and wanton manner with complete disregard for anything other than fulfilling their own perverted, sociopathic, criminal desires.

In order to conduct this activity, these criminals had to:

#1.) Find a suitable dog in a pre-meditated search.

#2.) Plan to abduct and obtain the identified dog

#3.) Trespass on Private Property to abduct the animal.

#4.) Break and Enter into a secure area where the animal was restrained.

#5.) Commit theft and larceny to remove the property of the Bradfords from their private property.

#6.) Posses Pit Bull dogs previously trained to attack and kill.

#7.) Posses a previously prepared "pen" or area to place Kahn to allow the planned and pre-mediatated attack, torture, mutilation and murder of Kahn to take place.

#8.) Utilize a deadly weapon and discharge said weapon in such a manner as to cause the death of Kahn.

#9.) Dispose of Kahn's remains in a pre-meditated manner so as to effectuate a hinderance to Legal Authorities in determining the perpatrators identity and location.

All of these pre-meditated criminal activities cleary add up to what can only be charecterized as a pre-meditated criminal conspiracy and enterprise to conduct these unlawful activities. What Prosecuter, Judge and Law Enforcement Authorities would be willing co-conspirators in prosecuting this matter in a way that would culminate in nothing other than a $1400.00 fine? Many people in a rural community would be pre-disposed to dismissing any seriousness in prosecution with a statement such as "It's only a dog". However, I direct your attention to the link in the sidebar titled "From Animal Cruelty to Serial Murder: Applying the Graduation Hypothesis". Criminals who engage in these types of activities are very often predisposed to the gradual escalation in the violent tendencies and behaiviors these activities reinforce. Our Judicial Legal Systems responsibility to our society demands significant punishments for these behaiviors. Lack of punishment will only reinforce in these criminals minds the tacit acceptance by society at large of these sociopathic and cruel behaviors.

Mr. Bradford served his country proudly for over 20 years as a member of the elite United States Navy SEALS. Is this justice in the country which he served proudly for the majority of his adult life? Are these the ideals for which Mr. Bradford and countless others have risked and sacrificed their lives for since the birth of our nation? The antiquated laws of Alabama currently reflect a turn of the century, agricultural mindset and jurisprudence. Times have changed. Companion animals are not livestock like cattle, pigs, chicken and sheep. The incredible trauma inflicted on a family is not adequately served or protected by these antiquated laws.

This website is our first step in working to achieve JUSTICE FOR KAHN! and all our companion animals. Together, compassionate, caring people can work together and take ACTION to petition elected officials to make CHANGES TO THESE LAWS NOW! We look forward to working to achieve that goal and look forward to YOU, our compassionate friends in helping us achieve that goal.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

No problem at all signing this one. It sickens me to hear how people somehow derive enjoyment out of things like this...Bastards. I'll let other folks know--I work at B&B,so I can get a lot of people to sign it.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Damn......me too.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Only 79 to go now.
Andrew

Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Done. Hang em High
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

You know, I really don't need to read this kind of stuff in the morning. I tend to stew on it all day and just get more and more pissed off. I did, however, come up with some pretty good ideas on what to do with creeps like that. :twisted: And it costs much less than wasting tax dollars to feed them in jail, if they ever even go.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Well, the petition now has the full support of B&B Pet Stop :D The owners took to it immediately and, hopefully, lots of people will start signing it.
Andrew

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Well I am in there.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
99lsfm2
Amoeba

Post by 99lsfm2 »

I signed.

Mark
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Yay, it went over 5000!

I heard from Kahns mom yesterday in an email, and they are adopting a another newf from a shelter. I was glad to hear it. I'd like to pay the dog-fighter redneck goobers a visit with a big bat.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Brandon wrote:I'd like to pay the dog-fighter redneck goobers a visit with a big bat.
I have a better idea. Let's send them over to Iraq and let the Iraqi's do some of thier torture on them.
:twisted:
I signed!!!!!!!!
-Kristyn