Valium: da bomb for kitties in pain.

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

Valium: da bomb for kitties in pain.

Post by sb1227 »

So the 17 year old was having trouble yesterday, we couldn't tell if it was a tooth going bad(most likely) or some kind of stroke. She hasn't been eating much at all lately, but some of the things she was doing were similar to stroke symptoms.The vet called us in some valium, saying it would help in either case.

This cat (who has always been a bit of a stoner, anyway) :lol: started eating everything she could find, and playing like a kitten. It was pretty damn funny to watch. Then she decided to just hang out and enjoy life, till she got sleepy and had to crash. :wink:
She wouldn't touch the food this morning, so it's pretty obviously a tooth, and I gave her another one. It took a bit more effore to keep her settled down this time, she was ready to play! It's hard to remind a cat that she just can't do that anymore without lots of pain later, and she was having such fun........

Needless to say, a bit of valium will now go into the emergency kit. And it's definately nice to go without pain for a few hours when you're old. :P
Off to the vet in the morning.
Brian
Amoeba

Post by Brian »

Out vet had us give Zanex to the dog when she had pain or appeared depressed.
Guardfather
Amoeba

Re: Valium: da bomb for kitties in pain.

Post by Guardfather »

sb1227 wrote:"it's definately nice to go without pain for a few hours when you're old. :P
Off to the vet in the morning."
Don't I know this ... See if you can get you vet to give some extra. ha ha
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I thought about it. :P