A cool new City of Mobile service...

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

armouredcat
Amoeba

A cool new City of Mobile service...

Post by armouredcat »

I stubled across a new service provided by the city...your just a 3 digit phone call away from a nicer city.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mayor Jones Launches Mobile 311
June 30, 2006
Mobile Mayor Sam Jones is proud to announce the launch of a great new city service – Mobile 311. It’s the new way for citizens to report non-emergency city services – things such as drainage issues, trash pick-up delays, overgrown weeds, potholes and much more.

“We are making City Hall as accessible as possible,” said Mayor Jones. “Improving citizen service is a top priority of mine. The City of Mobile wants to hear from the citizens on how we can improve these services.”

Mobile 311 is a simpler way to reach the “citizens’ helpdesk.” Here’s how it works – a citizen dials 3-1-1, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. They file a Service Request Order (SRO) with the Mobile 311 staffer. Mobile 311 will then forward it to the proper city department, eliminating the need for citizens to track down phone numbers in a directory.

The caller is given an SRO number, so they can check back with Mobile 311 for a status report. Within the next couple of months, citizens will be able to track their SRO through the city’s website (www.cityofmobile.org).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

Will we be able to file an SRO online?
-Kristyn
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

... And then in a year or two when we get used to it, they'll say they need to charge for it. Just like 911. A manditory charge on your phone bill that you will have to pay if you use it or not.

Nothing is free people ... Nothing!
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Of course not, we are tax payers.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate