Where do you go to buy Computer parts online?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Frostbte
Amoeba

Where do you go to buy Computer parts online?

Post by Frostbte »

I have used Newegg in the past, but I am planing on building out a rack mount server soon and they just don't have all I am looking for. Anyone else have some recommendations?

I tryed another site I used before as well but they appear to have been bought out by directron.com. anyone ever hear of them or use them?
It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye, then it fun and games without depth perception.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

For Server stuff Dell, their poweredge servers are very nice.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
Frostbte
Amoeba

Post by Frostbte »

Well don't have that kinda of cash. I'm thinking about probably following Snoops led and see what I can pickup from ebay.
It's all fun and games till someone loses an eye, then it fun and games without depth perception.
mykpoz
Amoeba

Post by mykpoz »

newegg
buy.com
zipzoomfly

newegg ships the fastest and usually has great shipping rates
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

I have all the rack components in stock. If I don't have it, I can get it. But I'm glad I read this, I forgot about the rack you said you wanted.
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
StoneFish
Amoeba

Post by StoneFish »

I have used newegg since finding them. They have the stuff I am usually looking for. I have used Directron, but it was several years ago. I found they did not have as much as newegg, but if they have what you are looking for, I can say I was satisfied with their customer service.