Steve Irwin dead

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Steve Irwin dead

Post by snoopdog »

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
armouredcat
Amoeba

Post by armouredcat »

Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I always figured a crocodile would kill him.

RIP Steve Irwin
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I really hate to hear that. I always thought he was a little goofy, but he loved what he did and certainly made a big difference in how people look at reptiles, especially wild ones. I have a great deal of respect for him. Those who love reptiles will definately feel this loss.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

He was kinda weird (he was Australian, after all :wink: ) but in a good way. He did a lot for the wildlife he strove so hard to protect--and not just reptiles, but all life. The whole world lost something this time around.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah I totally agree, this is a big loss for all.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Redfish
Copepod

Post by Redfish »

His kind don't come along but every once in a while. It really is a shame. My six year old cried.

I always told Robin that I thought he was a dead man walking if he kept it up. When he started getting into the water stuff I told her that could be his undoing. I found it interesting that his long time producer felt the same way in his interview. What a wierd way to go for him though.

I raised and bred snakes and lizards for many years. I watched a man die after being beaten by an eyelash viper in the same room. This guy had handled poisonous reptiles for 20+ years. Sooner or later that kind of stuff catches up with you.

You gotta believe that he died doing what he wanted to do, but you gotta hate it for his kids.