Board staying up

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Board staying up

Post by snoopdog »

After a month of thinking heavily on the subject, and trying to weigh out both ends, I am bringing the board down. I have totally lost interest in keeping it going, the updates, spam, maintenance have made it to where it is more work than fun. It has been a learning endeavor if nothing else, and fun most of the time. When the board started years ago it was supposed to be a "group" effort and 95% of the orginal members are either no longer in the hobby or MIA.

I have no ETA on when I am actually bringing it down, probably within the week, up to two weeks. I would suggest that any of us that want to keep in touch plan on frequenting something like reefcentral that have local message boards.

Also if you have pictures in the gallery I highly suggest saving them somewhere safe.
Last edited by snoopdog on Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

After carefull consideration and many emails, pm's asking for the board to stay up I made a decision to keep it running. I honestly did not think people really still cared to have it around. I do understand as people said, this is the only place local to really correspond.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Wow, that's great! I was sort of down in the dumps after I heard that it was going down. If there is anything I can help with to ease things along a bit, let me know.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium