Great Value & Peter Pan Peanutbutter linked to Salmonell

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Brandon
Chromis

Great Value & Peter Pan Peanutbutter linked to Salmonell

Post by Brandon »

Wanted to post this, because if you're like us, you prob have some of this in your pantry;

http://www.fox10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=6091994
Peanut Butter linked to Salmonella poisoning

Feb 15, 2007 09:23 AM

By Fox 10 News Staff

If you eat peanut butter check your cupboard, your favorite brand may be part of a recall due to a salmonella outbreak.

The Food and Drug Administration says the outbreak began over the summer, but it was just recently traced to peanut butter made at the ConAgra plant in Sylvester, Georgia.

The recall affects Great Value or Peter Pan peanut butter made at that plant. The recall involves jars that have a product code beginning with two-one-one-one. You can find that number on the lid. Nearly 300 cases of salmonella poisoning have been reported in 39 states since august. No one has died.

If you have a jar of this peanut butter, you should discard it, but save the lid.

For a full refund, consumers must return the Peter Pan Peanut Butter or Great Value Peanut Butter product lid along with their name and mailing address to ConAgra Foods, P.O. Box 57078, Irvine, CA 92619-7078.

Consumers with questions or concerns about the recall can call the 24-hour toll-free hotline at 866-344-6970. For more information about salmonella, visit www.ific.org.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Skylar goes through this stuff like crazy.

Apples and peanut butter.

I do not touch the stuff....
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Salmonellosis is wicked. It can just about make you wish you were dead (or worse, but usually not). There is a lot of stuff that can make you pretty miserable, like Giardia on a (deep) wilderness camping trip :lol: . A friend of mine had to have his stomach pumped because of salmonellosis, so it is nothing to take lightly (but then again, neither should the more common stuff, like the bacteria that cause gingivitis, which is linked to heart disease).
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Indeed, I have had several bad run-ins. Never got tested to see what strains I actually got, but yeah there was a time when I was hoping I was dead or close.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Thanks Brandon! We actually had a jar in our pantry :shock: I stopped at the store to p/u a new one and the only brand left on the shelf was GIF.
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Suzi, sure you don't mean JIF, I've never heard of GIF? :?
Doc :D
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Sorry, throw back to web designer days:lol:
DrHank wrote:Suzi, sure you don't mean JIF, I've never heard of GIF? :?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Suziq21 wrote:Sorry, throw back to web designer days:lol:
DrHank wrote:Suzi, sure you don't mean JIF, I've never heard of GIF? :?
Bah we use .PNG these days, supports transparency !! :wink:
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.