What is your (musical) cup of tea?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

GermanShepherdGirl
Copepod

Post by GermanShepherdGirl »

I liked the Dixie Chicks until they dissed W. Now I don't support anything they do.
-Kristyn
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Hank, I told Becky you like smooth jazz and her eyes lit up. She started rattling off names and said you two really need to talk. :lol:

But then she's a BIG Diana Krall fan, as well as Ottmar Leibert et.al. 8)
I have to admit, Ottmar is pretty amazing.
Suziq21
Amoeba

Post by Suziq21 »

Amen!!! I have two step-uncle's that play back in MD. Love to hear them jam, but cringe at the lyrics and pretty much anyone who is singing.
I listen to a wide range of music too. I dunno about it being a personality thing... Always seemed to be dependent on what mood I was in.
If there are any TOOL fans here, their tixs go on sale Saturday for their show at the P'Cola civic center!!!
sb1227 wrote: I love bluegrass, generally not the lyrics so much but the music.
Love Allison Krauss, and that's what got me with the Dixie Chicks, they have a solid bluegrass background and people with a bluegrass background can PLAY. :)
Bkndsdl
Amoeba

Post by Bkndsdl »

Loudest, fastest, hardest, crudest, rudest music I can find. And Sebastian Bach.

My wife listens to nothing but country. You can imagine the fights for the radio on trips! :lol:
-Mike
http://bkndsdl1.home.mchsi.com/
Why do we park in a driveway, and drive on a parkway?
There is NO SUCH THING as a hot water heater.
marinebiologist
Amoeba

Post by marinebiologist »

Ok so lets see what music am I into well that is the hard point cause I like pretty much it all. Everything from punk, hardcore, ska, big band, jazz, blues, etc. etc. etc. but to have to try to list a few of my favorites we can start with some like Flogging Molly, tool, NOFX, Bad Religion, APC, Tori Amos, 25 ta life, Jimmy Buffet, Ok well I don’t feel like being here for hours so if you really want to know ask me and I can ramble a list of a few hundred bands.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Wow there is another person in the world that listens to Tori Amos.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
marinebiologist
Amoeba

Post by marinebiologist »

Yea there is snoopdog, why something wrong with tori?
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Goodness no... Snoop thinks Tori is the Stuff....
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

Hah, I listened to Tori yesterday and today on the way home and to work. :) She's a bit odd and her video's are twisted, but I do like her stuff.

Love Crucify...

I love metal. I admit, I am a metalhead. Love the 80's stuff and love a lot of the newer stuff. I also like Classical and a few opera's, especially Bizet's Carmen. I grew up listening to Classical and Musicals, so there's a several of those that I enjoy too. Folk Music...not too big into Country though with the exception of a few artists. Female artists like Sarah Mclachlan, Sarah Brightman, Alison Krauss, Dido...they're good.

I like all kinds of music really, depends on my mood. But....80's metal and 80's pop are my fav's.
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
Marsfrogie
Amoeba

Post by Marsfrogie »

I listen to classical music almost exclusively. I listen to a lot of other styles too including contemporary rock and classic rock though.
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

All kinds except mainstreem country really. Here's a list of the acts I've seen live, well the ones I can remember at least:
The Beastie Boys, Primus, Rage Against The Machine, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, MXPX, Alice In Chains, Dinosaur Jr., Fishbone (2), Tool, Sebadoh, Murcury Rev, Royal Trux, The Smashing Pumpkins, George Clinton & The P-Funk Allstars (4), A Tribe Called Quest, L7, Green Day, The Pharcyde, De La Soul, The Roots, Phish, Widespread Panic, Michael Franti & Spearhead, The Grateful Dead, Robert Randolph & The Family Band, Gov't Mule (4), Cypress Hill (2), The Black Crowes(2), Trey Anastasio, Phil Lesh & Friends w/ Bob Weir, Galactic, Bela Fleck & The Flecktones, DJ Logic, Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigate, Soulive, Umphrey's McGee, Keller Williams
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe, Ben Harper, Cut Chemist, String Cheese Incident, Jack Johnson (2), Jurassic 5 (2), Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Bernie Brains, Moe, North Mississippi Allstars, Z-Trip, Norah Jones, Neil Young, James Brown, The Allman Brothers, Medeski Martin & Wood(3), Sonic Youth, The Meters, Yonder Mountain String Band(6), The Wailers, G.Love & The Special Sauce, Mix Master Mike, B.B. King, Dave Matthews Band, Dave Matthews & Friends, Herbie Hancock 's Headhunters, The Mars Volta, Joss Stone, Toots & The Maytals, Ozomatli, Drive-By Truckers, Secret Machines, RJD2, Citizen Cope, Africa Bambaata,
Chemical Brothers and I know there are more that I can't think of
Guardfather
Amoeba

Post by Guardfather »

Amyjoe wrote:Goodness no... Snoop thinks Tori is the Stuff....
That's because he's gay. d:D
Captain Barbosa: "The code is more what you call "guidelines" than actual rules. Welcome aboard the Black Pearl, Ms Turner."
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

That's because he's gay.
But that's SO much better than being miserable...... :wink: :P
donkeyclubmember
Amoeba

Post by donkeyclubmember »

Quote:
That's because he's gay.

Amen.

He also likes Hole Nuff Said.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”- Jeremiah 29:11
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

donkeyclubmember wrote: He also likes Hole Nuff Said.
And to say otherwise is a sin.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate