90 Gallon part two

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

sb1227
Astrea snail

90 Gallon part two

Post by sb1227 »

I guess it should be part 3 or 4 really. :lol: So I finally got tired of the overgrown mess and decided to put a little focus on the ol' plant tank. I must have changed about 70 gallons of water in a few vacuumings/plant removal sessions. Took out about 3 five gallon buckets of plants, cleaned both big filters twice let it sit to clear a few days. I got a beautiful piece of Mopani driftwood from a guy in Gulfport, the thing is about 3' long and has a cool "circle" in the middle about a foot high and is loaded with Anubias.
I ran a dose of Pimafix and Melafix, and after about a week and a half I added 25 Cardinals and 2 baby Coradoras Sterbai. Here's a pic so far, they new plants aren't here yet. I have some tall, grassy types to go behind the middle of the wood to cover the heaters and CO2 reactor, and some mosses to be attatched to the wood, as well as a few other goodies.
Attachments
90Galapril5.jpg
90Galapril5.jpg (77.8 KiB) Viewed 2118 times
DrHank
Amoeba

Post by DrHank »

Is that really fish I see in your tank? :lol: I can't believe the differance. Where do the fish hide now? :? Looks good!!! :D
Doc :D
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Give it a few weeks. :lol: It is nice to see the Catfish, I was surprised they were still in there. I'll add some more whenever I can find some.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Looks cleared, Sue! I hear you on that--mine looked just as bare and filled in in no time. I just have to change the water this time. I definitely want to see pics of the new ones. Where are you planning on letting the HC carpet out?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

I ordered it two weeks ago, I guess I need to send an email. They only ship on Monday and Tuesday, so I gave them this week to see. This is the first time I've ordered from Aquaspot World, I think they're in Singapore. So far they've been great with responses, we'll see. I just want the plants.

Poor tanks seems quite bare right now. :lol: I have told myself I'll be better about not letting it get so overgrown, but I'm not so sure I believe me. :P