Need to lose those extra pounds (like me)?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Need to lose those extra pounds (like me)?

Post by Amphiprion »

Well, I had about 20 extra pounds to lose and about 4-5% body fat to burn and was searching for a reasonable and fun way to do it. I tried lots of exercises and simply began to burn out on them. But, I looked into aerobic rowing and I must admit that it is my favorite by far. Stationary on a machine is fun, but when you get the chance to do it for real, it is even better. I will warn any prospective person that it isn't any easier than running, though (burns almost as many calories per unit time, too). I had already lost 20 lbs from 190, which puts me at 170 now and around 14% body fat and I am well on my way. I have already managed to get up to about 1.5 hours of intensive rowing, which burns around 1200 calories (sure as hell feels like it, too). This is all in addition to eating right, drinking lots of water, etc. too, like any good plan. Just thought I might give anyone else looking for a good exercise the heads up on what has worked well for me. Or, if anyone else has had success with something else, lets hear it too.
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Michelle
Amoeba

Post by Michelle »

Andrew, try an elliptical bike too. They will kick your butt at first but they work to reduce fat & for cardio.
Thanks!
Michelle @ Fat Fish
28851 N. Main St., Ste. D
Daphne, AL 36526
251-626-0926
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

Yeah, ellipticals are pretty fun to use. Also, something I forgot to mention, I do approx. 40 mins of rowing, then weight training with 2 minute intervals of rowing in between each exercise (keeps up heart rate, altogether another 40 mins), then another solid 45 minutes of rowing. It is essentially a maxed out circuit training regimen. I plan to add another circuit eventually, doubling that. Something I have found that works (at least for men) is that when you build a good bit of muscle, then use it, you lose pretty quickly. Now I just have to stick with all this and hope life doesn't interfere too often :lol:
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium