Progressive Marine Fish Store

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

tkeck
Amoeba

Progressive Marine Fish Store

Post by tkeck »

So what do you guys think of local fish store Progressive Marine?
jimbob21123
Amoeba

Re: Progressive Marine Fish Store

Post by jimbob21123 »

i went for the first time last friday. it said they opened at 2 but didnt end up opening til almost 3 so if you not real close you might want to call and make sure they will be open. i thought they had a great coral selection and they have a good bit of used equipment to which is a big money saver.
strout
Copepod

Post by strout »

I have tried to go to the store on two differant occasions, both times they weren't open when they were supposed to be, I gave up on them. Am not saying I won't go to the store, but I am no longer going to make a special trip over to Mobile just to go to the store.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I went there this past week. I haven't been there for several years and mostly nothing has changed (that is a good thing). They had added a few more coral tanks and there was a lot more like rock there. Definitely, the best store in the area. Beaver even remembered my daughter who was with me. I wasn't looking to buy just see what was out there but there were a few things that I would have considered if I actually had a tank.

It is best to call before you go to make sure someone is there. One of the reasons they open in the afternoon is that they maintain tanks in the mornings. Having worked in a service industry I know how things can happen or easy things can take longer than expected so hours of operation can vary a bit.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
pheonixsoul25
Amoeba
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by pheonixsoul25 »

its a well stocked reef store. and yeah call first then wait an hour to go to make sure some one is going to be there. those guys are always busy it seems like. but very knowldgeable.
100 gallon mixed reef