Mods and Spam?

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Mods and Spam?

Post by Fishfood »

It looks like we have been getting tons of spam here lately. We have 2 mods and I don't believe snoop gets to the boards that much anymore. I'd like to volunteer myself to be a mod just to help keep the trash out of here and delete spam accounts if at all possible. It looks like Andrew takes care of it when he gets a chance to get on. I've been around the forum since day one despite not making any of those early year meetings. I am by no means an expert in anything dealing with saltwater aquariums, but I do visit enough to see the trash on the site and would be willing to delete it when I see it.

San Dimus High football rules!
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Re: Mods and Spam?

Post by Amphiprion »

I don't think Scott is on very often anymore, so that would be a huge help for me, especially with the recent, ridiculous influx of spam. Did you pm snoop about this, yet?
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

No I haven't. I was just throwing it out as an idea and thought being an established member here since this site popped up gave me a little credability despite not ever making it to those early meetings and not meeting snoop that I recall.
Amphiprion
Astrea snail

Post by Amphiprion »

I didn't attend the early meetings and only lurked during the beginning, myself. Heck, I met snoop under circumstances completely unrelated to reefkeeping (computer processor). In any case, I'm all for it, so if he is, I don't see a problem at all.

Edit: I sent him a PM suggesting this.

Edit2: Done
Andrew

25g planted nature aquarium