Dart Frogs

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

Kresnahw22
Copepod
Are you a Bot ?: No

Re: Dart Frogs

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Reefing did spread a lot this year. And wow that's A lot of reptiles. I would love to have so many different ones. The avg price of Dendrobates species of dart frogs (the starter group) is 25-65 depending on Species. So ten to fifteen dollars is way to low for prices in my opinion but can be pulled off. As of right now I'm starting out small to figure out the frogs and the breeding habits because once they start breeding they can go crazy with baby's. But the flea market is the best way to get them to spread. Also this year in Pensacola I believe a vendor will have Frogs I'm going to see if they have them. But if I can get. A good breeding pair of the top frogs in the hobby Dendrobate auratus, dendrobate tinctorius, and dendrobate leucomelas and under all theose species have a different morph which have different marking or colors depending in the climate it lives in the wild. I could get people to buy would spread it throughout the area. Also hybridization in the dart frog is severely looked down upon.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/southe ... -14-a.html

For the reptile ppl out there and for hopefully where i get my dart frogs
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/parts- ... build.html

A lot has happened since I started this thread. first off my plants have doubled in size, added new growth, some new plants introduced. Finally this morning my fruit fly kit came in, and this weekend I will be purchasing my pair of Dendrobates auratus blue and bronze morph. hope you guys check it out and enjoy it as much as I have and I hope I can get this hobby popular in the south like the reef setups, because to find out a lot of people on dendroboard actually got out of reef keeping or continues to own one. PLEASE COMMENT. Thanks Brian
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

looks good, about how much does a setup like this cost?
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Buddy08 wrote:looks good, about how much does a setup like this cost?
depends ive put about 230$ into this. but you dont spend like 100$ a month. its nothing like a reef with buying the etc items. all you will be buying is bulbs once a year which is like 6-20$ a bulb, fruit fly media, flies if they crash, supplements and springtail cutures. but its nothing like reefing.
Buddy08
Copepod

Post by Buddy08 »

can you have one of these things with water running through it? like a water fall and such
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Buddy08 wrote:can you have one of these things with water running through it? like a water fall and such
yes go onto dendroboard and it will answer all you question but the water cant be too deep because they aren't aquatic and will drown, the waterfall itself is for you it serves no purpose to the frog and they most likely will not place tadpoles into the water as they use shallow pools with no movement.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Hey guys this weekend my frogs arrive. Just wanted To let You all know. Is there anyone interested beside me in them. They are Awesome and addictive.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Here is two of the three frogs I have. These are Dendrobates auratus Bronze and Blue Morph really nice frogs.
bluwtr
Amoeba

Post by bluwtr »

VERY COOOOOL!!!
Wes

Beatings will continue until morale improves!!!

"I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it. I felt I owed it to them."--Judge Smails
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

bluwtr wrote:VERY COOOOOL!!!
Thank you they are really cool.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Alittle update on the frogs. I now have a total of five. 2 adults that are a pair and 3 ten month olds. Really awesome frogs and They are great to watch with them being clumsy and all.
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

Gonna be posted new pics today the viv layout is changing alittle.
redpheonix
Copepod

Post by redpheonix »

You want a wax worm colony for your darts. They laid eggs about 2 wks ago and little worms everywhere. You can have them. I don't have anything that eats them anymore Pm me
110 gal reef
29 gal. pred
Kresnahw22
Copepod

Post by Kresnahw22 »

redpheonix wrote:You want a wax worm colony for your darts. They laid eggs about 2 wks ago and little worms everywhere. You can have them. I don't have anything that eats them anymore Pm me
I would like them but I don't know where I could but them. I got several fruit fly cututes, springtails, and isopods.