Topics of Interest for the Next Meeting!!!!

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Topics of Interest for the Next Meeting!!!!

Post by Amyjoe »

Okay..... Anyone have any subject topics that they feel like discussing at the next meeting besides publicity? I had the same thought that Scott did about the next meeting.... It might be a good idea to see if we could put flyers up about the Web sight at B&B and some of the other local LFS? The only thing about publicly announcing the meetings is not knowing who is going to show up.

Also if it wouldn't be a problem I would like a head count on who is planning to attend, just for the sake of the grocery bill :) ....

Has anyone heard from Terry and Cliff?
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

What are the specifics on the meeting? Time, place, what you want people to bring or what the menu might be, etc. so that I can send out the e-mail in plenty of time.

Thanks,
Scott
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Our house.... I will send you the address... Saturday, May 3rd... 7PMish.... Willing to take suggestions on the menu...... I would say I am going to cook Sweet and Sour Meatballs, BBQ cocktail sausages, Weiny Wraps, Probably some finger sandwiches and some other odds and ends stuff.... like chips and dip.... I am a fan of finger foods, easy to eat and clean up is a breeze (something to that effect)....

What people can bring?
I am easy (don't go there), bring what ever just let me know what you want to bring so I don't double up :)
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

:roll: Do I smell bad?
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Amyjoe wrote:Our house.... I will send you the address... Saturday, May 3rd... 7PMish.... Willing to take suggestions on the menu...... I would say I am going to cook Sweet and Sour Meatballs, BBQ cocktail sausages, Weiny Wraps, Probably some finger sandwiches and some other odds and ends stuff.... like chips and dip.... I am a fan of finger foods, easy to eat and clean up is a breeze (something to that effect)....

What people can bring?
I am easy (don't go there), bring what ever just let me know what you want to bring so I don't double up :)
Sounds good! Finger food lover here too.

May be ready for a few mushrooms by then too! That is .... mushrooms for my tank. :D

No you don't stink. :lol: Actually my " favorites " link was giving me an error and I figured the forum was down for a few days. :?
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I am afraid that I will be out of town for this meeting, but I think that coral feeding, calcuim/alk relationship or soft coral propagation might be good topics. You could also teach alot about plumbing from your own set up. Just some thoughts and I hope to see you guys at the June meeting.

Scott
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Scott we might be able to switch weekends for the meeting, would you rather do that ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I'll actually be gone for two weekends. I will make it back Mothers Day. We all won't be able to make all the meetings and I could only go that week because my wife is going back to school. I am going to the Keys and south Florida, so I will finally have fish again.

Scott
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

I plan on being there.....tell what I need to bring and I will take care of it. I personally would like Kev to talk about fragging shrooms and any other softies. Of course, it would be really cool if he would demonstrate and then give us all a frag or two!

YEA!

Elizabeth
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

My softies are not doing well enough to frag, I am afraid if I did it may push them over the edge and go ahead and cack. Shrooms, that i probably could do.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

snoopdog wrote:Shrooms, that i probably could do.

:D
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "