Virus season

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Virus season

Post by snoopdog »

We are about to enter a 3 month period where virus's will be more prominent. I think this has been the case for the last several years as Symantec has seen. Well this week new virii are hitting some newly exploited Windows flaws.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/secur ... indows.asp

So patch your Windows and be happy.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

thaks for the tip, I always forget about MS updates until there are so many it takes an hour to down load them all.

side note*

You ever use or hear of AVG Anti-Virus?

I got it from cNet. Works pretty well I think. I ran it and found some bad stuff. Then I ran housecall and it was clean. I dl'd some bs .exe file and afetr down loading it it auto scanned it and found the virus. Not bad for free IMO.[/list]
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Many, many years ago. I use Norton now, or www.antivirus.com when at a customers site.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate