Hello everyone

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Xster
Astrea snail

Hello everyone

Post by Xster »

I would like to welcome myself to this outstanding forum, even though I am in Biloxi, MS. My name is John. I have a 280 gallon reef tank in wall, a room in the back. I might ask many questions regarding the locations of certain LFS's in the Mobile or P'Cola area, so bear with me.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Hello, hello... glad to meet you. We may have some questions for you ourselves seeing that we are planning in the near future to do an in the wall tank also. :)

We are a small but hopefully growing community of reef keepers here along the gulf coast. Have some members in FL, AL and MS so we are spread out. We are glad you found us and are interested in how you might have located us, just for our knowledge, we are trying to get our little organization out there. Hope you plan to stick around, we have meetings once a month at various places if you are interested in joining up.

Again, glad to meet you.

Amy
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Xster,

Welcome to the forum. Hope to see you at our next meeting. Sounds like you have a nice reef set-up. I would love to hear more details. Maybe you could post a thread with the particulars.

Again... Welcome to MBRK :!:
Last edited by SaltnLime on Thu May 08, 2003 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

hey man, good to see new faces, bout time this club gets a rockn faster! ask anything you want, were all here to help everyone out
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

280!

now I really feel small :oops:

welcome in
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

I would really like to see some pictures of that tank if you could post some front shots and plumbing shots if you have them )
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

pictures will come soon..I have to figure how to resize it first. not that good with re-sizing pics..any help would be great .I found this forum on reef central.

Here's a brief overview of my modest setup:

just finished complete installation approximately 5 months ago. 350 lb of LR - 75 g sump - etss knock off skimmer - 8 6ft vho's 4 actinics and 4 actinic white - 3 400 watt 10k MH aqua controller 2., not yet using it to its' full potential - 2 sea swirls fishies and some sps, lps, soft corals as well.. trying to do everything is tough!!!!!
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

Hi everyone, I would think that it would be cool and also something I can remembereach of you by. If you can please post a brief description of your tank and hobby experience!! A short BIo!
snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

There is a short list of everyone and there bios, address etc. I think Scott has it and when he gets back in town I will have it sent to your email.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

thanks!