Business Cards

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Business Cards

Post by snoopdog »

What would be involved in getting our business cards done. Talk about getting new members, i guarantee that would help some. We could just put some on B&B's corkboard back in salt water, even have people at the register hand them out. So what do we need to make them ?
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

A friend of mine owns a print shop. When we are ready and have a layout design let me know and I'll see about getting us some done.

I would stick to listing just the website address in large print of course and the name and logo. Perhaps come up with a motto or slogan (forgive me if thats already done).

Don't think I would add names and phone numbers to the actual card.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

If I am not mistaken didn't harbinger say something about already checking on prices at his place of employment?

We should send the business his way IMO, just to keep it in the family unless someone finds a price that is incredibly lower...

Shawn I agree about keeping it to the logo and website... ummm weren't you or Liz going to talk to the Trufant guy about passing out the business cards?

Amy
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

Post by harbingerofthefish »

you were talking about giving the site it's own domain. If you do will the http://boards.reefcrazed.com hot link still be viable? It would be a shame to have cards printed and the link change.

I was talking to the boss man and he said we could probally do 1000 for $50 this is a ball park, but wouldn't go higher since they are for "me". probally the lowest feasible # of cards to print would be 500. I know it sounds like a lot but if you put 100 to B&B, 100 over in P'cola, 100 to Richand freely despense 100 it's not that many at all.

I snagged the .jpeg and added the site addy. If it's cool and can get a deffinate on price and #'s and we can compare with Shawns friend.
"nothing is the matter, it don't matter what you think"
harbingerofthefish
Copepod
Location: ^^Harbinger wishes he was way up here^^ - um...can we say abuse of power here?! and memphis, tn ;)

hows this?
Attachments
mbrk_logo.jpg
mbrk_logo.jpg (26.12 KiB) Viewed 1968 times
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

p.s. Kevin beautiful tank. If you or amy ever want to do some scraping, that corraline, xenia and yellow polyps would love my little piece of the ocean...hint hint :wink:

And you said you have some extra sand laying around....could deffinatly use some of that. going for a 3-4" sand bed in the 20. 24x14x14. a shallow "lagoonal" set-up. will try and get a working surge device made up to show off. although I'm thinking a wave aurd of sometype might come in handy :D
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ok so far the card looks great, great work and research on it. 1000 would be great....but.....
The logo is going to be changed in a few days and our new domain is coming up this week. The new domain will be www.mbrk.com for our main page and the redirect will go here. I am going to post a very very very long post about all the changes coming this week. But 1000 cards will be great, I will come by and give you the money this week after all changes are made.
And as far as the scraping of algae and xenia, just come over and get it when you want. You should have my house number from the mass mail sent out. I DID have a large bucket of sand, ATM it is at Puffers house and I think he said he only used a few scoops so that leaves about 70lbs of sand still in it, your welcome to what you need.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ok let me know what needs to change, this has a clown fish from my tank added. The MBRK letters can be brought before the fish as laying on top or the fish can be in front like you see. Or things can be moved around. I am sending Harbingerofthefish the entire set of images in a Photoshop format so he can also move and shift things as needed. I am far from a pro at this and I stumble through it like many others do. Anyway, let me know what needs to change.

Last edited by snoopdog on Mon May 19, 2003 8:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Pic aint working on my end :?
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Hmm, make one change and look what happens, working now.
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
harbingerofthefish
Copepod

pic works here, it did early this morning too. Logo looks cool, the drop shadow on the http link might be a tad too far off the letters tough. Course it could just be my screen res. I'll can let the pros figure that out.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

DEfinately beete with the little fish :D He is covering the "s" in our logo name....Maybe move him up a tad,