Percula pale white

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by snoopdog »

Make sure he is cured for a few weeks before you move him again out of the hospital tank.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

To late my Perc. died Saturday morning, and my other one came up missing today. So we went to B&B and got 2 more. They are on sale right now for $15 each. If they do not make it I think that I will stop buying fish all together. It seams like every one that I get die.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Personal experience..is b&b fish are not that healthy....
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I don't like to get fish from B&B either but sometimes they are the only ones that have a fish I want. I try my best to look the fish over as best as I can. It seems that in the last year the only fish they really care about is clown fish and regal tangs, I wonder why they are so interested in keeping so many of those fish in stock.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

My name's Jeff and... and... I buy my fish from B&B. :oops: :roll:
Wind me up!
old salty
Amoeba

Post by old salty »

MOMMY, MOMMY BUY ME A NEMO FISH! BUY ME A NEMO FISH!
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

*rolls eyes* "nemo" and "dori" are probably their two best sellers, I'd bet. Which is sad, seeing as to how "finicky" the hippos can be.
-Josh Murrah
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

That is exactly what happened when we got them there must have been 4 or 5 kids looking at the nemo fish. They did not have any hippo tangs that day. It is hard to find them right now.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

Rich told me that a lady called him asking if he had any nemo clowns and she said that it was her son birthday an that she was going to give each kid one in a goldfish bowl. Does B&B still have the sign" We found Nemo". They had a lot of regals when I took my dead fish back. There is no telling how many nemo tanks B&B help set up. I would like to know the survival rates of those tanks. They even had a nemo tank set up in there store over by the fresh water tanks. They shouldn't promote stuff like that when the fish is most likely going to die. I'm a firm believer that nano tanks are for the more experienced hobbiest. Bigger tanks are more forgiving to mistakes.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Snakeman is right....Greed hurts the hobby.....many people get disapointed when starting out because of poor advice....this is one thing great about our site....we have nothing to gain but a good time and to help other reefers....
old salty
Amoeba

Post by old salty »

The survival rate of those tanks is 0%

Greedy store owners in Mobile have no intrest in promoting the hobby in the same way we think of it. A steady stream of one-time impulse buys from ignorant first timers results in better cashflow, and is a lot less trouble than worrying with savy hobbyist who compare prices with mail order and might question the truckloads of bad advice given out by the sales staff.

If you want to find out how your local pet store owner really feels about the "hobby" go ask if you can hold your next club meeting in the store.
KrazyPlace
Astrea snail

Post by KrazyPlace »

I'm stepping up on my soap box now... :?

Who has bought a goniapora sp. before? How many of the recently bought tangs have died? Who has Xenia sp. that they flush?

How about the anemones we ALL have? In the wild the anemone has a life span of over 100 years, but we all put them in our tank were they are lucky to live 5 years (if we're really good). We should be real careful about being judgmental when it comes to the LFS. I don't just mean B&B either... all of them. Why don't we look in the mirror first.

Ya, we're not newbies anymore, but we kill more fish/corals over the course of our hobby lives than a dozen newbies who buy 1 fish only to see it die and discourage them. What's the difference?

Let's keep this in perspective... they're animals. If you thought differently you would not catch/buy them and put them in your tanks as "pets". You'd turn them loose and let them live "free".

If you want to bash the quality of B&B then go ahead, but we shouldn't use superficial morals to do it. It really makes us look like extremist.

I'm stepping down again. :wink:
Wind me up!
old salty
Amoeba

Post by old salty »

There is a big difference between the serious reefer who goes to great expense and effort to keep and propagate captive animals and some brainless mom who gives out clownfish for party favors at Jrs. birthday party. Or the greedy store owner who knowingly promotes this kind of behavior knowing that most, if not all, of those poor little percs will take a trip down the toilet as soon as the new wears off without having had any effort whatsoever made to keep them alive.
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

The difference is that I do everything I can to keep my fish healthy and happy. Sure I will loose a lot of fish but I try my best to prevent my losses. What make me mad is when a LFS give bad Advise to someone that knows nothing of the hobby just to sell some fish. I bet some people would stay in the hobby if they have had gotten better advise from the start and didn't get discouraged when there fish died. Remember that thing that aired on the news about setting up a nemo tank that Tetra did? And they are suppose to know about fish. I wouldn't even set up a fresh water tank in that manner much less a salt.
Xster
Astrea snail

Post by Xster »

You mean to tell me that your fishies don't tell you what's wrong with them??? :lol: :lol: