Darn the luck

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Kart Racer
Copepod

Darn the luck

Post by Kart Racer »

Wouldnt you know that after saving and getting my 125 finally set-up last month that now a lady I work with has a 240 tank only that she wants to sell CHEAP. Too good of a deal to pass up I think. Will go look next week to make sure before I buy it. Shagman if you read this I would like to get some input from you on building a stand for this and generally how big of a pain it is to move and get set-up. Or anyone else have any input would be greatly appreciated. Will probably do this fish only and maybe turn the 125 to reef.

Jeff
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

There's an EXCELLENT thread (breaking my arm to pat myself on the back) about my setup... has pictures of the stand. One thing, I made my stand VERY roomy underneath for sump/refuge, you'll want to do additional bracing probably if you copy the stand I built... mine's totally stable, but you can actually push against the tank and make it rock back and forth ever-so-slightly, it's kinda spooky.

Click on this, and get ready to do a lot of reading/viewing, it's about 8 pages of information: http://www.mbrk.com/viewtopic.php?t=437

Also, my cell is 251-533-9265, we're home all weekend, maybe you'd like to come over and check the setup out in person? We live in West Mobile, right around Dawes and Cottage Hill.

240G is an AWESOME size, IMO, especially for two-sided viewing... ours divides our small dining room and our living room.
-Josh Murrah
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

I read over that last night and this morning. Looks like you put a lot of thought into every aspect of it. I dont know anything about it yet except she said it was 240. If we get out that way this week end I will give you a call and see about coming by. The wife freaked a little when I told her about it as you can imagine. Maybe she will warm up to the idea or if not I may buy it to try and re-sell.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

the only dimensions I've ever seen a 240G built in is 8' x 2' x 2' ... there's some different overflow designs, and you can get it with glass cross braces or combing (the small glass "lip" around the edges)... if you're in the area, call before you come, we'll most likely be home.
-Josh Murrah