Light reflectors.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Snakeman
Astrea snail

Light reflectors.

Post by Snakeman »

Where is the best place to purchase metal light reflectors? I need one that is about 53 long and 16 inches wide or as close to that. I'm going to being running 4 48" vho and 2 PC. I would like to leave myself plenty of room for possible more light later. My hood that I'm going to build will be 55 inches long and 18 inches wide and i'm not sure how high I am going to go. I would love some suggestions on how high I need to build my hood so I could possiblity add some metal halides later.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Home Depot.. Aluminum flashing. :)
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

yup, if you looked closley in my canopy, i have aliminum flashing then i mounted the spider reflectors ontop of em...try...

www.hellolights.com
www.marinedepot.com
www.championlighting.com
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I talked to my friend who runs a metal shop and they have coilzak aluminum. They use it to make reflectors for growing plants. It is supose to be like a mirrow. He said he can cut and break it any way I want it.
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

that rocks, you could sell those
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

That sounds like the stuff that mine is made from.. it was a weird word like that but not sure.. it did say on it that is was more reflective than a mirror, etc..
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

If anybody wants one he is coming down here from Tennessee ( that's where his shop is) July 4th. I can get some prices on how much they would cost. He told me that a 2 foot x 8 foot sheet cost them around $80 dollars. They have sheet metal breaks so they can form them to any specifications. The metal comes with a plastic film over it that you peel off so it doesn't get scratched until you are ready to use it. I'm sure they have scap pieces around that they could sell cheap.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Seems kinda high.. not sure how much yours would cost, but you could get flashing for next to nothing or one of the polished
aluminum ones which sounds like the same thing.

http://www.hellolights.com/ref48in.html
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/p ... CatId=3815
http://www.championlighting.com/e/env/0 ... g/fan.html