I am in Tang Heaven

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

lzb3
Copepod

I am in Tang Heaven

Post by lzb3 »

I got inspired thye other night when I saw Mike's tangs all swimming gracefully around his tank. I have always wanted a school of brightly colored schooling fish. For the longest I thought I would get a bunch of anthias but I did a little research and found out a few things. First, the anthias are small and I would have to buy a butt-load of them. Secondly, they are REALLY expensive and lastly, they aren't as hardy as I would like them to be.

So today I went to B & B (gasp!) and found some really pretty yellow tansg and really cute baby scopas. So now this is the count....3 yellows, one scopas, one sailfin and a baby orange shoulder.

After they stop bickering with one another, I will turn the lights on and hopefully capture them schoolong together.

They look really cool!

Elizabeth
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

good luck....i found out if there small, then they'll be ok when they get older together
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Well, this morning the lights came on and they are still chasing each other relentlessly around the tank. If the new ones can just hang on long enough for the old yeller one to give up the chase, then all will be fine. The only person chasing the scopas is the domino damsel....go figure. Thankfully that is only sporadic.

I will let you know haow it goes after today!

Elizabeth