New setup in the making...

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Breadman
Amoeba

Post by Breadman »

ShagMan wrote:I used a 30L for my 100G setup... I used an submerged pump tho.
What kind of pump. I had thought about a mag 18 and a closed loop with a mag 12.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I would suggest on the overflows to make sure the tops are cut straight and now with any teeth. Also make sure they are cut low enough to keep water off braces ect....Then take some egg crate grating which has very thin laterials which will not block any water to use to keep fish ect from getting into your box...What this does is makes the box skim the very top layer of water and it does not build up where you are skimming a half inch of water like with the wide teeth. most of your trash and so on will be in the first 1/8 inch so you do a better job of filtering. Sounds great ....and good luck. Terry
110chadman
Copepod

Post by 110chadman »

id use the mag 18 as the closed loop pump and the mag 12 as the return

like min i have a 4mdqxsc which is like 1200 +- gph for the closed loop and a 3mdqxsc ad the return

i do have a lot of plumbing take a look at what i have been doing its the second set of pics viewtopic.php?t=2004

hth

chad
gitting things back in order and starting over!!!
Breadman
Amoeba

Post by Breadman »

After going and looking at a pump my LFS had running I've finally decided on a pump for the return, a BlueLine 40 HD-X. It should be in Friday so I've got to get to work and get this tank ready. :lol: