Finally got picture of him today.

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

snoopdog
Yellow Tang
Are you a Bot ?: No

Finally got picture of him today.

Post by snoopdog »

I started out early this morning and drained Amy's 29 gallon half way down so i could slide it away from the wall. I notched the stand in the back to get the sump in. While i went to all this trouble i pulled out some of the rock to get a shot of that starfish i have been telling everyone about. I did not buy this guy, he is one of the little starfish that we have babies in the macro algae all the time.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Ok this is funny, while posting the picture Amy come up to me telling me to look in the Aqua-C skimmer. I expected maybe a hermit crab, well much bigger. This guy was in the Remora bottom.

"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Uhm.. what the heck is that last starfish. The first one I got, and have one just like it, but that last one gives me the creeps.
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Generic Brittle Star, got him in a clean up kit. I also got a picture of those baby stars i am alway telling you guys that spawn in the 29 gallon.

"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Sweet, next time toss a few in the sump for me please ! :D The little ones of course. :!:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

When we took down the 100 gallon we litterally found hundreds of tiny little sea stars. They breed like friggin' rabits.

That thing you found in your skimmer is creepy.

Elizabeth
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I saw that thing in your skimmer. I figured you had seen that huge thing before now. I always heard that the mini brittle stars were either white or slightly translucent, certainly not black.

Elizabeth, what did your stars look like?
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

I don't know how long it has been in there.. I thought we moved that star to the big tank didn't realize that it was MIA. "shrug" nope we didn't know it was there.
Wonder what it is going to take to get a bigger tank?????
lzb3
Copepod

Post by lzb3 »

Mine are little serpent stars...the leopard ones and one or two reds. I had a brittle (spiny) star but got rid of him as they get a lttle predetory as they age. I did see a tiny little brittle star in the sump the other day though :roll: .

I don't mind them as long as they behave themselves.

Elizabeth
reeferpuffer
Astrea snail

Post by reeferpuffer »

wow, hes a big boy
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

The only star fish we ever "seemed" to have a problem with was a absolutely beautiful green serpent star that got HUGE to the point he was banished to the sump.. none of our brittles have ever messed with anything ... well that is if you aren't counting the skimmer. You think he is big you should see the banded one in the 75 that guy is really big.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

If I had that it my tank I'd have a permanent case of the "heebie-jeebies"
:nono: none of that in my house!
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

Arrow crabs creep me out much worse than the brittle stars. They are much prettier in the tank... this guy was having a bad hair day because he had been curled up in the bottom of the Remora skimmer for hmmmm God only knows how long....and the skimmer had sat dry in the sink for several hours before I decided to stick in some vinegar to clean it... it must have been moist enough to keep him from dying but that was all.