New camera pics

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

Will try lateron, The zoas are starting to open and the leather is pissed off for the move.
Karen
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

We will be waiting :wink:
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

What camera settings are you using? What kind of camera? I always use the fine quality and full size on my Nikon. Then you have to reduce it using Microsoft photo editor. I crop it to center the piece I am shooting and then reduce the size by about 50%. It looks like the white balance is off too. I have tried a few different things but tthe coffee filter trick works the best. Take a white coffee filter and use it to set the while balance under your lights. Then take the pictures using that setting. Oh, and don't use any digital zoom. I use all the optical zoom that my camera can handle to get close enough on some of the pieces in the back of the tank.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
wtrhed
Copepod

Post by wtrhed »

I've tried most of that already. It is an hpM407 photosmart. I had the 3.1mp version before and was able to take some pretty good pics IMO. I even used my parents 2.1mp sony and I think it gave the best results???? The problem with the new one is that whenever I try to shot a close up macro, it says focus too close and will not close the shutter. On both the old ones it would give the same message but it would still work. I have taken several hundred pics of my tank with the old ones and thought I had gotten pretty good at it, this new camera is proveing different.
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

I might be the wrong person to get photography help from. Have you seen my pictures? I can't focus on the right thing. If I had the money I would buy one of those SLR digital cameras so I know that I can focus on what I want.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.