Im guessing there are a few that wont like this

Off Topic Discussion - Chat about anything, just keep it fairly clean.

Moderator: snoopdog

medikall
Amoeba

Im guessing there are a few that wont like this

Post by medikall »

Sean
Taddster
Amoeba

Good Housewives

Post by Taddster »

My ass would be SO OUT the door if I ever expected this. In fact, I would be in a tent with the kids in the backyard next to the dog house (I wouldn't be so lucky to be in it!) Ha!

My god have times changed...and I think for the better!

Peace out..
pete
Peter Tad A.S. DePaola
B.S, B.F.A, B.A, M.S, Ph.D.
Specialized in Marine Cephalopods
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

That sound like a wife in some old show, like Leave it to Beaver or something.
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

OOOKKKKK SURE I WILL :twisted:
Karen
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Yeah, I think you have to go to Japan to get a wife like that nowadays....... :shock: :P .. and then like Eddie Murphy said.... you would have to keep her locked up and away from TV :twisted:
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
mickeyfreak
Amoeba

Post by mickeyfreak »

Can you say I DON'T THINK SO?!!
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

:)

Yeah.

Right....

Of course this does not take into effect that women work full time nowadays AND take care of the house AND their husbands AND themselves AND their children (that is if they have children/husband)

No wonder so many women go postal....
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Sounds good to me.

*runs away*
-Josh Murrah
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Melissakins wrote::)

Yeah.

Right....

Of course this does not take into effect that women work full time nowadays AND take care of the house AND their husbands AND themselves AND their children (that is if they have children/husband)

No wonder so many women go postal....

NAh... I think women stopped doing that stuff first so THEN we made em go get jobs so that future women generations will once again appriciate staying home enough to follow the damned guide again :shock:

OMG I could not resist ... :P ... I would Imagine if you are a women reading this you already have your trigger finger ready to type...... should I say j/k? .... hmmmmmm 8)

** Hides behind .....well........something**
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

I think this is a hoax... I believe on snopes they said they added the text to an old image.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Brandon wrote:I think this is a hoax... I believe on snopes they said they added the text to an old image.
Actually I am almost positive it's real.....
Melissakins
Bristleworm

Post by Melissakins »

No, what happened is that America went to war and the men who were of "working age" weren't in the states to do the jobs they had been doing....so women had to step up to the plate and build airplanes, weapons, etc etc etc in addition to all the other things they/we do to keep a house running....then when the men came home, women were more or less expected to quit their jobs (as a lot of them were no longer around after the war) and go back to being the little wife....

I'd like to not have to work...unfortunately in today's society, there's a higher cost of living and a thing called BILLS. :)
"You can say any fool thing to a dog, and the dog will give you this look that says, `My God, you're RIGHT! I NEVER would've thought of that!'" - Dave Barry

40 gallon tall
15 gallon refugium
2.5 gallon mantis tank
SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

Melissakins wrote:No, what happened is that America went to war and the men who were of "working age" weren't in the states to do the jobs they had been doing....so women had to step up to the plate and build airplanes, weapons, etc etc etc in addition to all the other things they/we do to keep a house running....then when the men came home, women were more or less expected to quit their jobs (as a lot of them were no longer around after the war) and go back to being the little wife....

I'd like to not have to work...unfortunately in today's society, there's a higher cost of living and a thing called BILLS. :)
Ahh facts shamcks....... my way is funnier :P what you said is indeed mostly the case, however the "cost of living" issue is not IMHO as much an issue as the fact the we as a society today refuse to live within our means....

I know my wife would not have to work if we drove old cars, our kids did not go to private schools and we did not have dsl, satelitite tv in every room, computers, cell phones, home phones with call waiting-forwarding sideways and internet on it. If I did not have a reef tank, the kids did not get new toys every year, month,,,,,week, we never ate out or went on vacation, if we refused to purchased anything on credit other than our house..... yeah , I think most people could live on even one meager income , but we CHOSE not to based on what standards of living we set for ourselves.........

That would never happen because the stock market would crash like Stevie Wonder flying a sesna. Walmart, baby'r'us, toys' r us, most car lots and all resturaunts would go out of business.... there would not be enough jobs to support all the workers , so there could be no two family incomes........ thus taking away all the temptation........... and reason for living :lol: :lol: :lol: We are a society who lives to buy..... not buys to live :shock:

"we want.....we owe...... it's off to work WE ALL go!"

*steps off soapbox* :P
Jahdiel
Astrea snail

Post by Jahdiel »

I could NOT have worded it any better. :)
Karen
Deanna
Amoeba

Post by Deanna »

oh my oh my...Josh better run ;)