ICH

Reefkeeping, Coral, Fish and Invertebrates.

Moderator: snoopdog

Taddster
Amoeba

ICH

Post by Taddster »

Ok...

If i don't use copper then what do I use? It will be nearly impossible to catch these fish and quarentine them. So, i am placing my anemones and peice of Xenia (my only known inverts excluding anything on my live rock) in another tank.

They have stuff on the market i saw that is invert safe which treats ich....but i am hearing horror stories of the next batch of ich that will arise within the next week or so.

I have so much going on right now this is the last thing I need. Please help with some ideas if you can.
Peter Tad A.S. DePaola
B.S, B.F.A, B.A, M.S, Ph.D.
Specialized in Marine Cephalopods
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

Personaly when I had ich long ago I tried chem and they did more harm than good.....killed some stuff....I then purchased a uv from Rich at progresive.....fed garlic soaked food...added cleaner shrimp and no more ich......been couple of yrs now with no ich....still run the uv and cleaner shrimp.....
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

My fish get ich form time to time, I just feed them garlic soaked food, and ginger. It just takes a few day and the ick will be gone.l
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
Snakeman
Astrea snail

Post by Snakeman »

I did get a uv filter too.
RENTON: I chose not to choose life. I chose something else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got Heroin?
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

uv's will work but i don't sugest them to be run all the time on a reef tank.
tbmoore
Astrea snail

Post by tbmoore »

I run the UV the same as I do my filter bag ....only on a sidestream to polish the water...I have two drains and run the filter bag only on one and two return pumps and I run the uv on one of those.
Taddster
Amoeba

ICH

Post by Taddster »

The cleaner wrasse has done an incredible job getting the ich off the fish. The cleaner shrimp really cannot be bothered with anything. Too bad :(

:)

Pete
Peter Tad A.S. DePaola
Taddster
Amoeba

ICH

Post by Taddster »

Well, the black spot on the tangs and the ich on everything else has come back full force. The cleaner shrimp do not do anything and the wrasse cannot be bothered. I will buy kick ich this weekend. In the meantime, I am using RxP (pepper treatment) in my tank.

This sucks big time...

Pete
Peter Tad A.S. DePaola