Progressive marine.

Saw a nice frag for a great price ? Let us know so we can buy it first !

Moderator: snoopdog

SaltnLime
Chromis

Post by SaltnLime »

I just wanted to post and say I saw Rich's new shop today and .... WOW. It is large, (about 3000 square feet I think)nicely setup, and has two display tanks over 200 gallons each One Reef with halides and vho, and one will be Predator. He already has a wall full of tanks with corals and his setup water flow design works really well. Gotta give him props on going all out right here in Mobile. Can't wait to see the final product.
"Well......maybe I did get alittle carried away! "
Amyjoe
Hermit Crab

Post by Amyjoe »

What new shop....
Scott
Goby
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Scott »

Just west of Mobile Lumber in a strip mall (actually behind it). I went by there last week to look in the window and it is pretty large. I didn't see many tanks set up so he must have been busy this weekend. I can't wait to see it all set up.
Wanted: to set up a tank again.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Wow, first I had heard.
-Josh Murrah
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

After reading about the new shop on here, a couple of us decided to try to go find the store. They were still working on putting in some of the tanks, but the store looked great! Can't wait to see it once it's finished. I had never been to Progressive when it was at Rich's home, but was very impressed with the livestock that was there (only about half the tanks).
sb1227
Astrea snail

Post by sb1227 »

Can you tell someone who knows very little about getting anywhere in Mobile how to get there?
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Is his shop in that strip mall where the man that owns Mobile Lumber keeps all of those old cars? I would like to look around that place also.
Phishwater
Amoeba

Post by Phishwater »

Yes, his shop is in the same strip mall as the Auto Museum. From I-10 get off at the range line exit and go to Hwy 90. Take a left on 90 and it will the first strip mall to the right. It is almost dircetly behind the Auto museum. Go between the two buildings and it will be back on your left. I don't think there was a sign up, we lucked up and saw two tanks sitting on the back of a truck.
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

Is he open there yet or still getting everything set up? I have been dying to put something new in my tank and cant find what I want.
megelBeagle
Amoeba

Post by megelBeagle »

Kart Racer wrote:Is he open there yet or still getting everything set up? I have been dying to put something new in my tank and cant find what I want.
I think the answer to your question is yes, they're open and yes, they're still setting everything up. I went by and looked around, I'd say it's about 1/2 way stocked. What WAS there was really great looking. Lot's of nice frogspawn and mushrooms. And, WOW, a clam I could stick my head in! (Not suggesting anyone try it though :-))

I didn't buy anything, but I plan to in the near future. We've got to give him some business so Mobile doesn't fall back into the B&B monopoly.
-miguel
75 gallon reef
30L refuge
andy4499
Chromis

Post by andy4499 »

Is the store open normal business house or do you have to call and make sure that he will be there? Like when he was dealing out of his house.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

He is still getting it up and running. Not exactly open for business. It would be best to call and see where he is.
Scott
Goby

Post by Scott »

I went by there today and Rich has a sign on the door and set store hours. He has lots of good plans and is getting in three big shipments this week. He should be stocked up by Wed. He is also going to set up his 700 gallon, a cylinder, a look down tank and it seems like some other display tank. It shouldn't be long before he is done but he is there a lot now.
Kart Racer
Copepod

Post by Kart Racer »

We rode by today just looking. Store hours that were posted are Monday - Friday 2-7 and Saturday 10-6.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Woo hoo! I don't have any idea where this is...but this is good news
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.