Good LFS in mobile?

Discussion Of Local Group Meetings For the Baldwin County and Mobile Area

Moderator: snoopdog

Zidion

Good LFS in mobile?

Post by Zidion »

are there any good LFS in mobile? I mlooking for a good one. We have a 'water world' here in pensacola. Seems ot be pretty good, but i think its the only one here that is good.
ShagMan
Goby

Post by ShagMan »

Check out Progressive Marine... there's a few threads about then under the vendor recommendations and vendors only areas on this forum.
-Josh Murrah
Fishfood
Chromis
Are you a Bot ?: No

Post by Fishfood »

There are a few in pensacola. I'm not sure what you measure of good is but I'm not a big fan of waterworld.

Others in town are Aquaria, Aquaworks, Reef Scapes and Reefers if reefers is even still open.
Zidion

Post by Zidion »

Fishfood wrote:There are a few in pensacola. I'm not sure what you measure of good is but I'm not a big fan of waterworld.

Others in town are Aquaria, Aquaworks, Reef Scapes and Reefers if reefers is even still open.
really? someone told me waterworld is the best :-/ they probually worked there LOL

went by aquaworks today. great store.
Fishfood
Chromis

Post by Fishfood »

well waterworld has nice stuff, but for me I can find it somewhere else for as low as half the price. I recently bought a Blue Jaw trigger from aquaworks and it was extremely nice. I paid $49 for it and Waterworld had one in for $99. The one they had was probably an inch bigger but that still doesn't justify the price. I bought about 4 fish from them over the past 3 yrs and all died but one within a few days.

The others I mentioned are hit or miss as to when they order stuff.
Zidion

Post by Zidion »

anyone know if any of tthe LFS in mobile sell nanocubes? Ive been looking around pcola and none do here :(
NM354
Copepod

Post by NM354 »

Progressive Marine may be able to get them i would ask. It would cost you an arm and a leg to get it from B&B. Or you could always just order one but then you have to pay shipping.
Brandon
Chromis

Post by Brandon »

Ebay or Dr.s' foster & smith would be my guess if you can't get them local.
- A wookie is nothing more than three ewoks duct taped together.
AQUAMAN
Amoeba

Post by AQUAMAN »

I have 3 sizes in stock. 13 gal, 10 gal, 8 gal. I think they start at 39.99 for the tank and the glass top.I can give you exact price when I'm at the shop.

Stop by and take a look at them and if you want something diffrent i can order you whatcha want.

Rich
Looking For a Coral Fix??...I'm here to help!!
Progressive Marine LLC
6412 Airport Blvd
Mobile,Al 36608
http://www.progressivemarine.com
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Rich I think he means the JBJ Nanocube.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

Lately I have read alot on heat issues with the nanocube from jbj. Even the fancy one with pc lighting and the built in fans. I think they have 12 and 24 gallon sizes..

Beaver
snoopdog
Yellow Tang

Post by snoopdog »

Yeah the deluxe model with two lights probably would cook the fish, not need really.
"When they was no meat we ate fowl, when there was no fowl we ate crawdad. And when there was no crawdad to be found, we ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate what?"--H.I.
"We ate sand."--Cellmate
"You ate sand?"--H.I.
"That's right."--Cellmate
Beaver
Amoeba

Post by Beaver »

I buddy has the one with two lights and had temp swings like you wouldn't believe. Maybe 6-8 degrees. I even has fans built in the hood.